What is the deal with the signatures being so small?

Knisley Administrator

Knisley Administrator

I've noticed lately that when I place a signature box on an uploaded PDF a document, it's a 50/50 shot if it's actually "big enough" to read or not.  This happens whether or not I expand the box to fit the signature line.

Sometimes a client's signature is ridiculously tiny... and other times it fills the box perfectly. 

I can't find any reason why this happens, but it happens regularly.  I did notice the other day another topic about this, but have not seen that thread since.

How or why does this happen?  What can we / I do to fix or get around it.?

• 1 month later...

I am having this same issue.  On a single doc 2 of 8 signatures are very tiny and hard to even see.  This is a problem as I need to show these signatures to regulators.  Does anyone have a solution here?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Drokkenian

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

To further assist you with your concern, I created a support ticket on your behalf.

I will wait for your response through the support case.

Cheers!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @MLousteau,

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please send me a private message and provide the following?:
-The serial number of your Nitro Pro and its build (format is 12.X.X.X, e.g. 12.0.0.112). You can find these out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab
-Does this happen with every file? If it's a single file, please send us the sample file (with sensitive information extracted) so I can replicate it on my end

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Knisley Administrator
On 11/20/2018 at 4:54 PM, MLousteau said:

I am having this same issue.  On a single doc 2 of 8 signatures are very tiny and hard to even see.  This is a problem as I need to show these signatures to regulators.  Does anyone have a solution here?

On 11/21/2018 at 1:27 PM, AllainU said:

Hello @Drokkenian

To further assist you with your concern, I created a support ticket on your behalf.

Cheers!

Mlousteau,

I have found that if you download the signed document and open in NitroPro, you can click on the "Edit" button (ie Ctrl+E) and it will let you resize the signature box, but once you get to a certain point, the signature starts to blur.  That's helped out a couple of times from it being so small. 

AllainU,

I received your support ticket, thank you.  I'll response as soon as I can with a video as requested.  The "tiny signature issue" occurs randomly so as soon as I have another I'll get that information over to you.  Again many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Knisley Administrator
20 hours ago, Tom P said:

Same issue here. Is there no solution yet?

I just responded to AllainU's ticket, hopefully my info will help.  But in the meantime, as I mentioned above.. there is a "kind" of work around:

"I have found that if you download the signed document and open in NitroPro, you can click on the "Edit" button (ie Ctrl+E) and it will let you resize the signature box, but once you get to a certain point, the signature starts to blur.  That's helped out a couple of times from it being so small.  "

33 minutes ago, Drokkenian said:

I just responded to AllainU's ticket, hopefully my info will help.  But in the meantime, as I mentioned above.. there is a "kind" of work around:

"I have found that if you download the signed document and open in NitroPro, you can click on the "Edit" button (ie Ctrl+E) and it will let you resize the signature box, but once you get to a certain point, the signature starts to blur.  That's helped out a couple of times from it being so small.  "

I am aware of the edit hack as a workaround, but I don't pay for software to find workarounds for what should be a simple fix. It's really acceptable though for Nitro not to at least provide a response. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @MLousteau,

Thanks for your response and for your patience.

38 minutes ago, MLousteau said:

Doesn't seem so.

Please note I sent you a response last 22nd of November asking for below information. 

To further assist you, please send me a private message and provide the following?:
-The serial number of your Nitro Pro and its build (format is 12.X.X.X, e.g. 12.0.0.112). You can find these out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab
-Does this happen with every file? If it's a single file, please send us the sample file (with sensitive information extracted) so I can replicate it on my end

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Tom P,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums and apologies for this inconvenience.

Cheers!

Archived