Jump to content
Drokkenian

What is the deal with the signatures being so small?

Recommended Posts

Drokkenian

I've noticed lately that when I place a signature box on an uploaded PDF a document, it's a 50/50 shot if it's actually "big enough" to read or not.  This happens whether or not I expand the box to fit the signature line.

Sometimes a client's signature is ridiculously tiny... and other times it fills the box perfectly. 

I can't find any reason why this happens, but it happens regularly.  I did notice the other day another topic about this, but have not seen that thread since.

How or why does this happen?  What can we / I do to fix or get around it.?

Edited by Drokkenian
clarification

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MLousteau

I am having this same issue.  On a single doc 2 of 8 signatures are very tiny and hard to even see.  This is a problem as I need to show these signatures to regulators.  Does anyone have a solution here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AllainU

Hello @Drokkenian

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

To further assist you with your concern, I created a support ticket on your behalf.

I will wait for your response through the support case.

Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AllainU

Hello @MLousteau,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please send me a private message and provide the following?:
-The serial number of your Nitro Pro and its build (format is 12.X.X.X, e.g. 12.0.0.112). You can find these out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab
-Does this happen with every file? If it's a single file, please send us the sample file (with sensitive information extracted) so I can replicate it on my end

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Drokkenian
On 11/20/2018 at 4:54 PM, MLousteau said:

I am having this same issue.  On a single doc 2 of 8 signatures are very tiny and hard to even see.  This is a problem as I need to show these signatures to regulators.  Does anyone have a solution here?

On 11/21/2018 at 1:27 PM, AllainU said:

Hello @Drokkenian

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

To further assist you with your concern, I created a support ticket on your behalf.

I will wait for your response through the support case.

Cheers!

Mlousteau,

I have found that if you download the signed document and open in NitroPro, you can click on the "Edit" button (ie Ctrl+E) and it will let you resize the signature box, but once you get to a certain point, the signature starts to blur.  That's helped out a couple of times from it being so small. 

AllainU,

I received your support ticket, thank you.  I'll response as soon as I can with a video as requested.  The "tiny signature issue" occurs randomly so as soon as I have another I'll get that information over to you.  Again many thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Drokkenian
20 hours ago, Tom P said:

Same issue here. Is there no solution yet?

I just responded to AllainU's ticket, hopefully my info will help.  But in the meantime, as I mentioned above.. there is a "kind" of work around:

"I have found that if you download the signed document and open in NitroPro, you can click on the "Edit" button (ie Ctrl+E) and it will let you resize the signature box, but once you get to a certain point, the signature starts to blur.  That's helped out a couple of times from it being so small.  "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tom P
33 minutes ago, Drokkenian said:

I just responded to AllainU's ticket, hopefully my info will help.  But in the meantime, as I mentioned above.. there is a "kind" of work around:

"I have found that if you download the signed document and open in NitroPro, you can click on the "Edit" button (ie Ctrl+E) and it will let you resize the signature box, but once you get to a certain point, the signature starts to blur.  That's helped out a couple of times from it being so small.  "

I am aware of the edit hack as a workaround, but I don't pay for software to find workarounds for what should be a simple fix. It's really acceptable though for Nitro not to at least provide a response. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AllainU

Hello @MLousteau,

Thanks for your response and for your patience.

38 minutes ago, MLousteau said:

Doesn't seem so.

Please note I sent you a response last 22nd of November asking for below information. 

To further assist you, please send me a private message and provide the following?:
-The serial number of your Nitro Pro and its build (format is 12.X.X.X, e.g. 12.0.0.112). You can find these out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab
-Does this happen with every file? If it's a single file, please send us the sample file (with sensitive information extracted) so I can replicate it on my end

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AllainU

Hello @Tom P,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums and apologies for this inconvenience.

To further assist you with your concern, I created a support ticket on your behalf.

I will wait for your response through the support case.

Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.