No Nitro Conversion tabs in 2016 Office Ribbons

Paul Nowland

Just set up on a new computer running windows 10 and the Nitro PDF tabs don't show in my Office programs as they did previously on my old system running Windows 8.1

I can't seem to find how to make that happen. 

I can right click on the file in explorer and convert them there and convert within Nitro, but much prefer to convert directly from the document.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Paul Nowland,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

For me to further assist you, what version of MS Office are you using (2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 or 365)? 

If its either 2016 or 365, did you purchase it from Microsoft MarketPlace? 

Could you also confirm if you have WindowsApps folder inside C:\Program Files?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Paul Nowland,

Thanks for these information.

To further troubleshoot, kindly uninstall and reinstall your Nitro PDF Creator. Here are the steps:
1. Close your Nitro Pro and your MS Office applications.
2. Right-click on the Nitro Pro desktop icon and select Run as Administrator.
3. Go to Help tab > Support Tools > PDF Creation tab and click Nitro PDF Creator button. If the tool is not found in Help tab, you will need to go to the installation folder of Nitro Pro and run NitroPDFSupportTools.exe (by default, it is inside C:\Program Files\Nitro\Pro X, where X is the version you have)
4. Installation will be done in the background. Once it's done, you should receive a message 'installation of the printer driver was successful’
5. Click OK > Close.

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and I hope this helps!

Paul Nowland

I have done what you recommended, the Tool was there, I completed the task and the "installation of the printer driver was successful" message was received.

The problem still remains, I don't have Nitro tabs in my office programs.

• Power User

You know...I hate when the solution is given in a "private message"! I was looking for the answer in my case also: Office 2016 Pro Plus, no-not from the marketplace, and yes, nothing in the Office ribbons. Running v12 Nitro Pro.

• Power User

I did a repair on my 2016 Office Pro Plus and reactivated it. I then ran my v12 Nitro (under Admin) to use the tool section to reinstate the plug-ins and got fails on the "com" adds. Nothing shows up in Office...void. Running Win10 Home 64bit. Any way of getting the com's to install in office? Did not get Office from the marketplace but did download it from the Microsoft site with key confirmation.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @mfiske,

I apologize if you often see me responding to other users with private messages. This is because there were times I need to provide sensitive information like their serial numbers or order numbers and these cannot be posted publicly. 

To further assist you with your concern, there are situations where Nitro Pro add-in continues to be unloaded in either Outlook, Word, Excel, or PowerPoint even after a user enables the Add-in under the 'COM Add-ins.' section of the MS Office program.

This is because if an Add-in appears under the ‘Disabled’ Add-ins, it will always overwrite the ‘Enabled’ preference at start-up. This is related to how Outlook and other applications have stored information in their registry.

The steps below will correct the load issue in Outlook, but you can complete the same steps by selecting other registry files for either Word, Excel or PowerPoint. Please be aware that making changes to Registry can affect your computer's performance. 

1. Exit the MS Office program (ie. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and uninstall the Nitro Pro Add-in for MS Office using the Nitro Pro Support Tools located under the Help tab. Note that if the tool is not found in Help tab, you will need to go to the installation folder of Nitro Pro and open NitroPDFSupportTools.exe: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/support tools/000001594

2. Re-enable the related MS Office Add-in following the steps below:

a. Select Options from the File tab and Option > Add-ins.
b. In the Add-ins box, identify the add-in that you want to enable or disable and note the Add-in type located in the Type column
c. Select the Add-in type in the Manage box and then click Go.
d. Select or clear the check box for the Add-in that you want enable or disable and then click OK.
e. Now close and reopen the MS Office programs to confirm that the Nitro Pro add-in is loaded and enabled. If that's not the case, please continue to Step 3. 

3. Please review this link of which provides instructions on making an adjustment to the registry and the Load Behavior of the program. Changing the setting of the Load Behavior to ‘3’ will force the Add-in to ‘Load at Startup’, as noted here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/vsto/registry-entries-for-vsto-add-ins?view=vs-2017

4. Please read this for full instructions: https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/2758876/add-ins-are-user-re-enabled-after-being-disabled-by-office-programs

• Power User

There is no indication of the add-in, disabled or otherwise in the office addins section. I've tried numerous times to use the tools to reinstate the add-ins but to no avail. The instructions above are incomplete since there is not DWORD listing to go to. What do you do in that case...create one? What do you name it? Really do need to fix this and my spellcheck problem not working in forms. Please respond...Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had this problem for months.

I did buy my Office 365 from the Marketplace, but did a full reinstall from the the Microsoft website where these things are available.

Nitro addins do not show up inside the File>Options>Addins section of Word 365, e.g. 

I did not attempt to look in the registry, for the reason cited by mfiske above.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @mfiske @Jim2018

Thanks for your patience and I apologize for the late response.

To further troubleshoot this issue, kindly refer to these steps:

A. I recommend that you repair your Nitro Pro via the Control Panel > Programs and Features. Please reboot your computer before and after running this repair to ensure that there are no ties to Nitro still active in the background. You may refer to this article: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/repair/000001641

B. If that does not work, please try these steps:
1. Download our Clean Up utility: http://install.nitropdf.com/support/downloads/cleanup.zip

NOTE: This clean-up tool will erase any existing signature files within Nitro so please save them to another location before using the clean-up tool in order to keep them. Please see this link for backing up custom stamps/signatures: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/stamps/000001686

2. Extract the utility to the desktop (it doesn't always run from the zip)
3. Run the utility.
4. Reboot your machine
5. Please clear all your downloads folder or delete all downloaded Nitro installers. This step is important because we noticed that if you are saving all the installers and you download them in the same folder (like the downloads folder), the EXE can pick up any MSI installed in that folder and you may pick-up one of the older builds instead of the newly downloaded package.

6. Download and install Nitro Pro 12.5.0.268 using below offline installers:
x32 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_1250268/en/burn/nitro_pro12_ba_x86.msi
x64 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_1250268/en/burn/nitro_pro12_ba_x64.msi  

If you are not sure which to pick, this will help: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/64/000001874

7. After installation, you can activate by opening Nitro Pro, clicking on the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activation and entering your serial number.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Several days ago, and before I received your post, I looked up the revision history of NitroPro 12 and discovered there had been several since my last install.

I did an update of the MS Office Addins with all Addins unchecked in the Nitro PDF Creator tool,

I rebooted my computer,

I did an uninstall of NitroPro 12,

I rebooted my computer,

I downloaded and installed the latest version of NitroPro 12.

I don't remember if I added back the MS Office Addins or whether they just self installed, but everything was fine after that

So you may consider this case closed, although you may want to include a step where you advise folks to check their latest version.

Thanks,

Jim

• Power User

Just updated to the new release and guess what...Nitro dissappeared from all of the Office products. Here we go again!

Shouldn't have to completely uninstall Nitro every time there is a new update. I will go through the process again but there is definitely a bug in the program that is not being fixed. Same for the spell check in form fields...

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @mfiske,

Thanks for your patience and sorry for the delayed response.

This could be a bug and we're looking into it internally.

We'll keep you posted as soon as there is an update.

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and I apologize for this inconvenience. 

Nicola De Ieso

I saw that if I install the Office 365 from the Microsoft Store the Nitro ribbon don't work, while if I install from the Win32 package no problem. It is normal?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @nicos18,

This is normal if you installed an older build of Nitro Pro 12. 

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please send me a private message and provide the build of your Nitro Pro (format is 12.X.X.X, e.g. 12.0.0.112). You can find these out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab

• 3 months later...
  • Power User

Just installed the Feb 13th update and the only Office product showing Nitro in its tab is Powerpoint. All the others still show nothing after the install and after re-initialising the com links with the tools menu. Any ideas here, Allain?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hi @mfiske,

Are you referring to our Support Tools under Help tab > PDF Creation tab and you unloaded/reloaded all MS Office Add-ins but didn't help?

If yes, have you tried uninstalling and reinstall the new build of Nitro Pro 12?

• Power User

Hi Allain,

Did what you suggested...no joy. Yes, I used the PDF creation tab the first time to no avail.

Anyway, problem still exists...except for PowerPoint where it works fine...go figure???

Any ideas?

Mark

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @mfiske,

Thanks for your response and patience.

For me to further assist you, kindly send me a provide message and provide Support Tools file from the affected machine. Note that if the tool is not found in Help tab, you will need to go to the installation folder of Nitro Pro and open NitroPDFSupportTools.exe: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/support tools/000001594

• Power User
1 hour ago, AllainU said:

Hello @mfiske,

Thanks for your response and patience.

For me to further assist you, kindly send me a provide message and provide Support Tools file from the affected machine. Note that if the tool is not found in Help tab, you will need to go to the installation folder of Nitro Pro and open NitroPDFSupportTools.exe: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/support tools/000001594

Okay...here is the file. I started Pro, enabled logging, closed Pro, Reopened Pro, Opened Word, then saved the file.

By the way, how do you add an attachment here? Tried the other media option but can't find a way to drop in the file???

• Power User

Allain,

Just figured out the fix. You have to go into each of the office programs and look at the "Add-ins" under the "Options" menu. There select Nitro, which is "inactive", make sure "Com Add-ins" is selected next to "Manage" and click on "Go". In that menu, check Nitro and click "OK". Do the same for the other Office programs and Nitro shows up in the ribbon!

Archived