Setting printing defaults- very frustrating.

redfish_matt

I use Nitro Pro (10.5) to edit and print basic PDFs on paper and am getting very frustrated at the way Nitro Pro "remembers / fails to remember" the last printer setting used.

I have set my printer's default settings to exactly what I want in Windows 10, but Nitro does not use them. It seems to recall "some" of the last print job information, except for "collate". 

I have looked endlessly for simple settings in Nitro. I can do this with any other software except Nitro, so far that I can tell. Here is what I need:

• I need it to ALWAYS default to "collate" when I change the copy count to 2 or more. Every single other Windows based software I interact with will automatically default to "Collate" when printing multiple copies. Nitro Pro NEVER does, and of course I forget to check it when printing 10 copies of a 50 page document, which makes for a total disaster.

• I need Page Range  to ALWAYS default to "All Pages".  Usually it automatically recalls the last setting I used. 

• I need Copies (quantity) to ALWAYS default to 1.  Instead, it usually (but not always) recalls the most recent copy count I used. 

Where are these settings? 

Can anyone please help? This still says "your content will need to be approved by a moderator" and I've been trying to solve this for months. I'm sure it's a ridiculously easy thing but for some reason I cannot find it.

I'm on 10.5.1.17 so apparently I'm on a slightly older version, although honestly I'd be really disappointed if something this general was left out. 

I'll see about updating, thanks.

CleanTech92058

I have similarl issue on NitroPro 11 - seems to remember last printer setting - need to update paper size, Portrain/Landscape, etc. on each print job!!! :(

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

Unfortunately, there's no way to update the software automatically, so you'd need to download Nitro 10 from the link above, and then run that new installer- it'll upgrade Nitro 10 to the latest version then.

Yeah, I did that, and it whacked my license. Now I have to dig up the license key. Again, why? Nitro is missing some very basic functions that even Microsoft gets right.

• Power User
Steven Zakulec
On 10/23/2018 at 1:46 PM, CleanTech92058 said:

I have similarl issue on NitroPro 11 - seems to remember last printer setting - need to update paper size, Portrain/Landscape, etc. on each print job!!! :(

Are you on the latest version of Nitro 11 (11.0.8.470)? There were also a number of changes to printing features in previous updates that might help you out.  The download link link is here: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

Archived