Reopen tabs on restart

JCastro

Looking for an answer how not to close all your tabs that you have in nitro pro when you 'x' out from the large upper right 'x' of the program. I know each tab has it's own 'x' and should ideally be closed out this way, however I often try to close the program forgetting I may have other tabs still open. I swore there was a warning/notification to ask if you were sure/if you want to close all tabs, but my nitro doesn't seem to want to warn me. Can someone help how do I get a warning back so I don't close all tabs at once when 'x'ing' out?

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

I don't know if there's a menu option for this (maybe the Reset to Defaults button?), but you can reset this using a registry key.

In this case, you only need to change a value on the key, so this is fairly safe to do. In general though, be careful when changing registry keys- it's possible to mess things up and require a reinstall.

You want to open the Registry Editor, and go to the following key: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Nitro\Pro\11.0\Settings\Preferences\kPreferences

You want to change kPrefAlwaysCloseAllDocuments from /b 1 to /b 0.

This will bring back the prompt for you.

• 4 months later...

This used to be default behavior on Adobe and it sort of happens if Nitro is restarted automatically (say after downloadin), but is there any way to have all the previous tabs open when restarting Nitro?

Is there any way to have all the previously open tabs reopen when restarting Nitro after closing a session? This used to be default behavior on Adobe and it sort of happens if Nitro is restarted automatically (say after downloading).

Is there any way to have all the previously open tabs reopen when restarting Nitro after closing a session? This used to be default behavior on Adobe and it sort of happens if Nitro is restarted automatically (say after downloading). The problem with using the "recent" list is that it's based on the time when files were first opened rather than last closed. I'll run a single project over several days but I can't reboot or even close Nitro because I lose all my files.

Archived