Had to reinstall Windows, cannot use activation license

pedrg93

Hi! 

Recently my computer was experiencing trouble, and I had to reinstall windows, deleting Nitro. Now, my license is not usable. Can I do something about this?

Thank you! 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @pedrg93,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

On the machine you're having issue activating, I just made an adjustment on your license, so you can now activate your copy of Nitro Pro by going to Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate, entering your serial number and clicking Activate.

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and I hope this helps!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,
I am having the same issue on several computers.
We are moving from Win 7 to Win 10 and I've have had to re-image multiple pc's over the last few months.

I'm finding that I frequently receive an error when deactivating Nitro Pro 8. I receive a msg

stating -23:Error - License number already used. Even though I'm actually deactivating the license.

Do I have any options for all the other machines I've already manually removed the license from and re-imaged?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @TSweet,

To further assist you with your concern, we have decided to created a support ticket on your behalf.

Kindly wait for a response from a Nitro Support representative through the support case.

Cheers!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @suki.tonekham@tpd.com,

Please be aware that as much as we would like to provide phone support, our ticketing system is the fastest way we can communicate with our customers if you have Nitro VIP Access (formerly Software Assurance). Otherwise, we recommend utilizing our Knowledge Base site http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase and to post your inquiry to our Community Forums https://community.gonitro.com/ (a page where other customers and Nitro Support team can collaborate and share solutions).

With regards to your activation issue, I just made an adjustment on your license, so you can now activate your copy of Nitro Pro by going to Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate, entering your serial number and clicking Activate.

suki.tonekham@tpd.com

Thank you, Allain, for the clarification. In my case, I had problem with my old laptop and had to install on the new one. I've uninstalled my Nitro pro 11, but still got the error -23. It referred to deactivate page which I followed the instruction, but I kept getting the error and I went around the circle. What should I do? Please help.

Thank you.

Suki

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Thanks for your response and patience.

Kindly activate your copy of Nitro Pro by going to Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate, entering your serial number and clicking Activate as I made an adjustment on our end.

• 1 year later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

As a work-around, I just made an adjustment on your Nitro Pro 11 license, so you can now activate your copy of Nitro Pro by going to Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate, entering your serial number and clicking Activate.

Please be aware that the issue of licenses reverting to Trial expired has been fixed in version 13. In addition to that and many other feature improvements, version 13 also contains some important security vulnerabilities fixes that you might want to consider when deciding whether to upgrade to it or not. You can find out more about these fixes here: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/security/updates 

If you are interested in upgrading your license to Nitro Pro 13 with VIP Access (formerly Software Assurance), kindly access our Upgrade Portal and enter your Nitro Pro 11 serial number: https://www.gonitro.com/pro/upgrade 

You should then receive an email confirmation with a new serial number to activate Nitro Pro 13.

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps!