Hyperlinks only preserved with full url text

Caroline Hilton

Caroline Hilton

Hi, new here and I can't find anything to help me with this. I'm having problems converting a Word document to PDF.

I have lots of hyperlinks - some are written as the full url, and some are hyperlinks behind shorter display text. The ones where the full url is visible in the document are converting to clickable links in the pdf. But the ones where I've used different display text (ie a word or 2) are not clickable in the pdf. They work fine in Word.

I have ticked the "convert links" in the Nitro tab in Word. Using 11.0.3.134.

If anyone can shed light on this I'd be really grateful. It's driving me mad.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Pelican,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please send me a private message and provide the following?:
-The serial number of your Nitro Pro.
-What OS is installed in your computer (Windows 7, 8.0, 8.1 or 10 and whether it is 32-bit or 64 bit)?
-Does this happen with every file? If it's a single file, please send us the sample file (with sensitive information extracted) so I can replicate it on my end

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Michelle Riley

I have this same issue. I've been using Nitro Pro 9 for years and have always had to re-establish the embedded hyperlinks after printing to PDF. I was hoping that Nitro Pro 12 would solve this problem. Could you please advise whether there's a setting I can use in Nitro Pro 12 that can convert the links automatically? I have also unsuccessfully tried using the "convert links" in the Nitro tab in Word. Using 12.0.0.112. I'm on Windows 10 64-bit.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @MagicVA,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

I would love to test this if you could provide me few sample files via private message.

To send me the sample files, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• 1 year later...