Nitro 11. pro setup wizard has ended prematurely

Borgon

Hi,

I have licence of Nitro 11 pro. When I'm trying to install it I got message: Nitro pro setup wizard has ended prematurely. Please advise me how to fix problem.

Best Regards.
Paweł Niedbalski

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Borgon,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Kindly open Windows Explorer > Local C > Program Files. If you are seeing a 'WindowsApps' folder, this is an installation issue that prevented some users to install Nitro successfully. Users who purchased MS Office in Windows 10, via the Online Marketplace were affected by this due to permission issue on that specific folder.

As a workaround, please visit this article and follow the steps properly until step 7:
http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/failed/000003265

Once done with the steps, kindly try reinstalling using the same installer:

x64 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_1108470/en/burn/nitro_pro11_ba_x64.msi
x32 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_1108470/en/burn/nitro_pro11_ba_x86.msi

After installation, you can activate by opening Nitro Pro, clicking on the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activation and entering your serial number.

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and I hope this helps!

Dear AllainU,

Thanks for your answer and attempts to help me.

I've tried to do all steps from linked article  but from step 4 it doesn't work. I've got that message:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>icacls "%ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps" /grant Administrators:F
Administrators: Nie zostało wykonane mapowanie między nazwami kont a identyfikatorami zabezpieczeń.
Successfully processed 0 files; Failed processing 1 files

Please, tell me what I should do next.

Best Regards.
Paweł Niedbalski

Dear AllainU,

I've changed Administrators for Administratorzy and everything works fine. I was able to finish all 7 steps with success.

But still I could not install Nitro 11 and got message: Nitro Pro Setup Wizard ended prematurely.

Best Regards.
Paweł Niedbalski

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello  @Borgon,

Thanks for your response and patience.

Could you please do a repair of your MS Office? Once done, kindly try reinstalling your Nitro Pro 11.

Is it possible to uninstall and reinstall MS Office? 

I remember I had few cases where repairing (uninstall/reinstall if repairing didn't help) MS Office fixed the installation issue of Nitro Pro.

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and I hope this helps!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Borgon,

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please send me a private message and provide the serial number of your Nitro Pro 11?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Borgon,

To further assist you with your concern, I created a support ticket on your behalf.

I will wait for your response through the support case.

Cheers!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Borgon,

Thank you for your prompt response.

A support ticket was sent to your email address 'borgon@poczta.fm'.

Kindly check your Inbox and respond through the support case.

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

Dear AllainU,

I received email from nitro that my ticket is closed, but I've never got any other email concerning my ticket. The problem is still not solve and I cant use Nitro on my laptop. I'm still waiting for your help!

Best Regards.
Paweł Niedbalski

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Borgon,

I trust you're doing great today!

Our system shows the support ticket is still open.

Also, I just sent you a follow-up few hours ago to your email address 'borgon@poczta.fm' and it may have got stuck in your Spam/Junk folder.

If you still can't find it and in order for me to further assist you, could you please provide me with the following?:
a. Are you member of the local IT of CDO Group?
b. When you followed the steps in the article http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/failed/000003265, were you able to receive 'Success' status after running below scripts in CMD as Admin:?
-takeown /F "%ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps"
-takeown /F "%ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps" /r /d y
-icacls "%ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps" /grant Administrators:F
-icacls "%ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps" /grant Administrators:F /t
-icacls "%ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps" /setowner "NT Service\TrustedInstaller"

-You mentioned you are no longer using MS Office but you do have WindowsApps folder inside C:\Program Files. Is it possible to delete or move this folder to a different drive?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

My Nitro Pro 12 install wizard also failed.  I have tried following the instructions in the article you reference above, but no help.  Please advise.  I have been messing with this all day.

Dear AllainU,

I recived mail (as below) to my pn(at)elmiko... mail adres.

Hello Pawe? Niedbalski?,  

You have exceeded the maximum time for submitting your response. This survey is no longer active and Case (#00184189) has been closed.

Regards,
Customer Success & Support Team
Nitro | www.gonitro.com
Check out our Nitro Forums to find help, learn more about our products, and provide feedback.
ref:_00D507L8U._500f21JeLWG:ref

I can't find your follow-up mail (in spam folder too). Rest of your instruction I will try in free time later. 

Best Regards.
Paweł Niedbalski

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @wales,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

I can see you submitted a support ticket and my colleague already sent you an email with steps to perform.

Please follow those steps and respond to the support case if it helps or if you still need further assistance.

Cheers!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Borgon,

Thanks for your response.

I just responded to the support ticket under email address 'borgon@poczta.fm'

I will be waiting for your response through the support case.

Cheers!

Archived