Inactive Serial not allowing me to activate

Kelvin

I have Nitro Pro v8 and I had to move to a new computer. I was successfully able to deactivate the license off the old machine but when I try to reactivate on the new machine it gives me an -23 Error. I went to the activation portal on the website and it said my serial was inactive and that of the 2 activations there were 0. It won't even let me reactivate on the original machine now. 

Anyone know how to fix this?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Kelvin,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please send me a private message and provide the serial number of your Nitro Pro 8?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Harry,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Upon checking our records, I can see the same information that says 0 computers activated in our Activation Portal.

Did you uninstall your Nitro Pro 11 from your old machine? Have you also tried reactivating by going to Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate, entering your serial number and clicking Activate?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

It's Nitro Pro 8. I never had 11 installed. I assumed that I couldn't use a serial from 8 on 11.

I tried to reactivate on the original machine that it was on but I got the same -23 Error message.

I also tried doing the manual activation and it gave me the message that it was already installed.

In addition, I tried using the License Manager tool and it would not work either.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Kelvin,

Thanks for your response.

I have inspected this license and found out that this is already deactivated on our end as it went to a version upgrade to Nitro Pro 9. When an upgrade happens the older version gets deactivated on our end and users are provided with a new license to match their upgrade version. This is the reason why you're unable to activate and you're receiving that error message.

I highly recommend that you request from your local IT team an installation / activation of a Nitro Pro 9 to replace your Nitro Pro 8.

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and I hope this helps!

Archived