Compare feature

Clark Savage

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Clark Savage,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Did you run OCR before comparing? If not, kindly run OCR by referring to this article: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/ocr/000001654

If that didn't help and in order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please send me a private message and provide the following?:
-The serial number of your Nitro Pro and its build (format is 12.X.X.X, e.g. 12.0.0.112). You can find these out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab
-Sample files (with sensitive information extracted) so I can replicate it on my end

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

On 11/16/2018 at 5:37 AM, Clark Savage said:

When I compare 2 pdfs, the differences do not appear. How come?

My version of Nitro Pro is 11.0.7.425, serial xxxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx.

I cannot send you the documents that I’m comparing. After converting the pdf files with OCR and then comparing them, this is the result. The original version had data in 2 columns in the table, and the new version did not have the data. The compared document did not recognize the omission but had "Note Modification detected: This page was added into the modified document. [Page number: 71 in modified document]"  in the upper right corner of the compared version. No colors on the page indicated that anything was different between the 2 documents. So what do you think is happening?  

I also converted the original and new version files to Word documents and compared these documents, but a number of the pages in the compared documents were literally unreadable. 

Let me know what you suggest. Thanks.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Clark Savage,

Thanks for providing those information.

To further assist you with your concern, we have decided to create a support ticket on your behalf.

I will wait for your response through the support case.

Cheers!

Archived