microsoft programme tab

Pje

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Pje,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please send me a private message and provide the following?:
-What Nitro Pro build are you working with (format is 12.X.X.X, e.g. 12.0.0.112)? You can find these out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab
-Did you update from a previous build before having this issue?
-You mentioned 'missing in Microsoft programmes', does that mean Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher and PowerPoint are all affected?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

45 minutes ago, AllainU said:

Hello @Pje,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please send me a private message and provide the following?:
-What Nitro Pro build are you working with (format is 12.X.X.X, e.g. 12.0.0.112)? You can find these out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab
-Did you update from a previous build before having this issue?
-You mentioned 'missing in Microsoft programmes', does that mean Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher and PowerPoint are all affected?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

I had Nitro 12 Pro 12.6.1.298 installed on a 2017 HP Spectre. With licence due to expire in June 2019. I tried to open nitro on a new Spectre. My licence expired for some reason and Clever bridge issued a new licence. I kept on being asked for a serial number (no idea what this is). After dozens if hours and deactivating old laptop I have given up. I have 8 months of licence left and cannot upload the ptogramme and when I tried there were no nitro tabs on word, excel, Outlook PowerPoint. I am sorry but it is all very well making it so difficult to get any help without paying a great deal of money the whole installation process is nightmare. I just want to activate the expired trial programme sitting on my new laptop delete the old laptop using a licence that has not expired and get the tabs on the Microsoft programmes. I have used nitro for a number if years but never again until these issues are used. I have had to pay for an alternative programme to meet my work commitments   

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Pje,

Thanks for providing this information and my apologies for my delayed response.

When your Nitro Pro 12 expired on your Spectre, did your machine installed Windows updates? Please note upon upgrade of the operating system or installing a major Microsoft update, the Computer ID is changed, as it is comprised partially by the operating system. Once changed, this will no longer recognize the original installation causing the program to revert to trial mode. To reactivate your Nitro Pro 12 on your new laptop, please go to Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate, entering your serial number (sent as a private message) and clicking Activate.

When you contacted CleverBridge, you mentioned they issued you a new license. Could you please send me a private message and provide more details about it like an invoice sent to you?

With regards to missing Nitro Pro Addin on your MS Office applications, kindly uninstall/install your Nitro Pro plug-ins. Please refer to these steps:
1. Close your Nitro Pro and MS Office applications if they're open.
2. Right-click on the Nitro Pro desktop icon and select Run as Administrator.
3. Go to Help tab > Support Tools > PDF Creation tab and tick the box for all MS Office applications under Microsoft Office Add-ins. If the tool is not found in Help tab, you will need to go to the installation folder of Nitro Pro and run NitroPDFSupportTools.exe (by default, it is inside C:\Program Files\Nitro\Pro X, where X is the version you have)
4. Click Update Add-ins button. Installation will be done in the background. Once it's done, you should receive a message 'Update of add-ins was successful.
5. Click OK > Close.
6. To activate your changes, please restart Microsoft Office applications'

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and I hope this helps!

Done all that and same thing. I click on update addins and it comes up Unable to update M..  Word addin. However if I go to Print and click print Nitro 12 it prints automatically and opens in Nitro and everything works fine.  Is this a new update in Microsoft?  Seems the Addins are not needed as Nitro does not appear in Microsoft list of add apps list anymore.   Re licence they just extended it to end of licence period no extra cost. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Pje,

Thanks for your response and patience.

I recommend that you repair your Nitro Pro via the Control Panel > Programs and Features. Please reboot your computer before and after running this repair to ensure that there are no ties to Nitro still active in the background. You may refer to this article: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/repair/000001641

If that didn't help, let us try some troubleshooting by referring to these steps:
1. Clear the content of the directory under C:\users\your_username\Appdata\local\temp. For whatever reason, not all temp files automatically remove themselves and is NOT usually caused by Nitro Pro files.
2. Run MS FixIt to uninstall your Nitro Pro 12: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed
3. Reboot your machine.
4. Please clear all your downloads folder or delete all downloaded Nitro installers. This step is important because we noticed that if you are saving all the installers and you download them in the same folder (like the downloads folder), the EXE can pick up any MSI installed in that folder and you may pick-up one of the older builds instead of the newly downloaded package.
5. Download and install Nitro Pro 12.6.1.298 using below offline installers:
x32 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_1261298/en/burn/nitro_pro12_ba_x86.msi
x64 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_1261298/en/burn/nitro_pro12_ba_x64.msi  

If you are not sure which to pick, this will help: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/64/000001874

6. After installation, you can activate by opening Nitro Pro, clicking on the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activation and entering your serial number.

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and I hope this helps!

Archived