Can't convert word 2016 to PDF

Nitro PDF User

Nitro PDF User

Hi,

When I try to convert a word document to PDF i get the error "The creation process encountered an error, and failed to create the PDF file".

Steps:

right-click on the word file 

Convert to PDF with Nitro.

Troubleshooting Steps:

Uninstalled/reinstalled

Ran NitroPDFSupport Tools to repair/re-install add-in

Tried different version of Nitro PDF

tried on a different PC. mixed results

Disabled AV/securities on PC

Notes:

Add-in is not appearing in word 2016

Any assistance would be appreciated

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Nitro PDF User,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

To further troubleshoot, kindly uninstall and reinstall your Nitro PDF Creator. Here are the steps:
1. Close your Nitro Pro and MS Office applications if they're open.
2. Right-click on the Nitro Pro desktop icon and select Run as Administrator.
3. Go to Help tab > Support Tools > PDF Creation tab and click Nitro PDF Creator button. If the tool is not found in Help tab, you will need to go to the installation folder of Nitro Pro and run NitroPDFSupportTools.exe (by default, it is inside C:\Program Files\Nitro\Pro X, where X is the version you have)
4. Installation will be done in the background. Once it's done, you should receive a message 'installation of the printer driver was successful’
5. Click OK > Close.
6. Close your Nitro Pro and try converting again.

If in case same issue occurs and in order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please send me a private message and provide the following?:
-The serial number of your Nitro Pro and its build (format is 11.X.X.X, e.g. 11.0.7.411). You can find these out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab
-Are you also receiving the same error message when converting from Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Publisher?
-Please open the Word file in MS Word > File > Print > PDF Creator, how did it go?
-With regards to Addins missing in MS Office 2016, was it working before? Any changes you're aware of before this happened?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Archived