Freezing and crashing

TFlan

I have been using NitroPro  for several years and have been pretty happy with it.  But, sometime ago ver 10 started freezing up every couple of minutes while working on a PDF.  It would just hang for a few seconds to a few minutes.  Occasionally it would just crash and I would lose everything. So much for productivity.

SO, today I decided to upgrade to 12 hoping the issue would be fixed.  NOPE!  Same issues.

I tried to email support, but since I did not purchase the $59 support package I was referred to the Community Forum/Knowledge Base.  Which, is heaping on the ole frustration level at this point.

Not sure who can help me, but if a Nitro Support person happens to come across...please contact me on how to fix this issue or refund my purchase of version 12.

Thank you.

• I agree 1

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @TFlan,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Upon checking your account, I can see you were able to submit a support case and my colleague already sent you an email to ask for more information.

Kindly respond to his email message within the support thread for better case handling.

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and on behalf of Nitro, my apologies for this inconvenience this has caused.

Thank you for letting me know as that email had gone to my Junk folder and I did not see it.  :(  I have responded to that email and hopefully we can get the problem resolved.

• 3 months later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @RRamesh,

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please send me a private message and provide the following?:
-The serial number of your Nitro Pro. This matters because our business installers are different from the online ones.
-Nitro Pro build (format is 12.X.X.X, e.g. 12.0.0.112) you're working with. You can find these out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab
-What OS is installed in your computer (Windows 7, 8.0, 8.1 or 10 and whether it is 32-bit or 64 bit)?
-Please send us sample files (with sensitive information extracted) so I can replicate it on my end. To send me the sample file, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.
-Where are the files saved (local, a shared drive or an external drive) when you’re trying to insert? Can you check if you have the same issue when the file is saved locally?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

• 3 weeks later...

I am using Pro 11 & Pro12 and looking for the topic of freezing and crashing.

My issue is forming searching text on file. some time show result and freezing some time just hang up without any result come up.

Please advise 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @AKIRAKARN,

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please provide the following?:
-Nitro Pro build (format is 12.X.X.X, e.g. 12.0.0.112) you are working with. You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is 12.X.X.X, e.g. 12.0.0.112) or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.
-Does this happen with every file? If it is a single file, please send us the sample file (with sensitive information extracted) so I can replicate it on my end. To send me the sample file, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.
-Where are the files saved (local, a shared drive or an external drive) when you are trying to use Search function? Can you check if you have the same issue when the file is saved locally?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Dear Allain,

My Version is 12.6.1.298

Freezing after the search. This is happening everywhere on local or network and on every file.

Anyway, thank you for your reply. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @AKIRAKARN,

Thanks for this information and for your patience.

Kindly update your Nitro Pro to the latest build by going to this page: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and I hope this helps! 

Edited by AllainU

Allain,

I try to install but show Nitro Pro setup wizard has fail. I was read from another post about uninstalling MS Office before reinstalling Nitro pro 12

the problem still remains. should I have to delete from the registry? 

Allain,

I just download the full version 64bit from somewhere Ver.12.12.1.522

Thank you for your kindly to help. I will update you later  

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @AKIRAKARN,

To further assist you with your concern, I created a support ticket on your behalf.

I will wait for your response through the support case.

Cheers!

I have been directed here by the Cleverbridge support team to contact someone on the @Nitro forums in regards to an upgrade link to v.12 I never received. Reading through the forums, I have had consistent crashing/freezing issues with the current installed v.11 that should be addressed with the upgrade. Please message me for all of my licensing info so I can address the issue.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Angela D,

To further assist you with your concern, I just replied to the private message you sent me.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

Hi AllainU,

i am lost all email after reinstall window10. last update problem still remains. not move after search. Please kindly to send email

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @AKIRAKARN,

Thanks for your response and patience.

For better case handling, I just sent you an email through the support ticket.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
JonathanHogan

Hi,

I am having the same problem (Nitro Pro 12.0.0.112) crashes when searching for text within files. I am using Windows 10 (latest version 1809), 64 bit version, x64 processor,  and the files are stored in OneDrive. I tested to see if the issue happens when the file is stored locally on my hard drive (not in OneDrive) and the same thing happens. After any search on any file, Nitro Pro 12 freezes up. The same thing happened with Nitro Pro 11. I upgraded specifically to solve this problem.

I hope this helps and that the problem is fixed soon! I am having to use another PDF program to do searches on PDFs. Sigh.

Edited by JonathanHogan

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @JonathanHogan,

Could you please try updating to Nitro Pro 12.14 if that will help addressing the crashing issue?:

x32 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_12140558/en/retail/nitro_pro12_ba_x86.msi
x64 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_12140558/en/retail/nitro_pro12_ba_x64.msi

If you are not sure which to pick, this will help: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/64/000001874

Thanks for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps!

JonathanHogan

Hi AllainU,

I verified that my Microsoft Surface Pro 4 is running Windows 10 x64. I installed the x64 version of Nitro Pro 12.14 via the link you supplied.

In testing, the exact same problem occurs. When doing ANY search in ANY document (local or on OneDrive), as soon as you type in the search term, and the <enter> , Nitro Pro 12 freezes and must be END TASKED in the task manager.

I have to wonder how this is even possible ( a major feature not working in your two latest versions 11 and 12) in 2019! Wow. This has not been working now for over 1.5 years.

I hope you have a fix for this soon.