Error code 0x40030004

LeviH

I am getting error code 0x40030004 with the message to contact nitro support when trying to open a document.  I've tried it on a different computer with Nitro with the same result.  The free Adobe version opens it.....What is causing this?  I created the document with Nitro Pro.

Edited by LeviH

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @LeviH,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

As work-around, please open the file in Adobe Reader, re-saving it and re-opening it in Nitro Pro.

In need us to further assist you in checking the file, could you please send me a private message and provide the following?:
-The serial number of your Nitro Pro and its build (format is 12.X.X.X, e.g. 12.0.0.112). You can find these out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab
-What OS is installed in your computer (Windows 7, 8.0, 8.1 or 10 and whether it is 32-bit or 64 bit)?
-The original sample file (with sensitive information extracted) so I can replicate it on my end

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• 10 months later...

I am also getting error code 0x40030004 when trying to open a critical document that I am currently working on, under a strict deadline. Please help.

I'm running Nitro Pro 10

windows 8.1, 64 bit

Urgent!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi Everyone, 

The Nitro Pro 13.40 was release last April 29th and the error message 0x40030004 appears to be resolved
The latest build of Nitro Pro 13 can be located from the following location: 

https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads - Click the 'Download Nitro Pro 13' link 

To check the build of your Nitro Pro 13 installation, open the software then go to the Help tab > About Nitro Pro. 

If you have an old Nitro Pro license and interested to upgrade to version 13 with a discounted price, the upgrade can be done through our Upgrade Portal - https://www.gonitro.com/support/upgrade 

Kind regards, 

Edited by Reymund G.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I have the latest version of NitroPDF and running Windows 10 with all of the updates.  I am still getting the error code 0x40030004 when trying to open a document that I am currently working on. 

If I open the doc with Adobe, it opens fine.  I then save it under Adobe. I can then open the doc with Nitro.

I do not like having to use 2 PDF programs to work with documents.

What is the fix?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @S. Goldman @Kyle Edwards,

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience this has caused this error message.

To further understand the file, how was it created by the way?

You can check the document's property by right-clicking any area of the page and selecting Document Properties.

It will show what application was used to create the document under "Creator" and "Producer".