Print Window Spams Users to Not Print!!

triadfire

Suggestion

In the attached screenshot, this message to avoid printing takes up the top real estate, blocking the print button. While it's a nice gesture to encourage users to avoid printing, it is a way of life, and at best should be a popup reminder every so often or something. Permanently taking up the print screen real estate is consistently annoying, as it cuts off the actual print button every single time someone wants to print! They have to scroll down to get to it. This is the screenshot showing the problem with this practice. I recommend it be removed immediately. 

https://imgur.com/nfek8zV

4 replies to this suggestion

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @triadfire,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

This behavior is usually seen on Microsoft Surface Pro 3 and 4. Are your users using such devices?

If yes, kindly try these work-around:

With Windows 10: 
1. Right click on the Nitro shortcut > Properties > Compatibility 
2. Enable the "Override high DPI scaling behavior." > Select "System (Enhanced)" from the drop down box > OK 

With Windows 8: 
1. Right click on the Nitro shortcut > Properties > Compatibility 
2. Enable the "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" > OK

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and I hope this helps!

@AllainU thanks for the response.

I see that the solution is really about changing the dpi settings but I'm hoping to solicit a better design for this window altogether. Whether the print button shows up or not with a particular screen size, I do believe that the user should not have to sift though a large block of solicitation text on saving paper when the business they are in simply needs to print documents regularly. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @triadfire,

Thanks for your response and patience.

Your concern is somehow related to this Forum post: 

For this, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us, if you or one of your users identify an area where we can improve upon. You can always drop your suggestions here: Product Improvement Suggestion Page

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and I hope this helps!

Thanks. This post does speak to this point exactly. 

I feel this feature should strongly be considered to remove and my reasons considered. I would appreciate at the least a good reason to keep the "before you print" there. I think this is just simply a bad UI layout. It's not just an "inconvenience", it's simply UI done without thought to the user experience. Not to be critical over the web here, but I truly believe that it should be removed and would like a hard petition to remove it. Any help in walking this to the UI person's desk would be really appreciated. 

I do not recommend Nitro Pro to others because of this feature. Also the pop-ups that always stay persistent you can't remove permanently. Very annoying. 

Archived