Nitro Pro Setup Wizard has failed

Otto

I have Nitro Pro 11 to install on a new computer however I get the message "Nitro Pro setup wizard has failed" message.  Looked at other replies talking about C:\Program\Files\WindowsApps causing problems on some installs. That file is not on my computer. I also reset Microsoft and this didn't help either. Please help.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Otto,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

I received your private message and I understand you're having issue performing the steps in this article: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/failed/000003265

Please refer to below image that shows the first script executed in Command Prompt run as Administrator:

1.png.1310ff04c511cb47a886d7bdcfe412d7.png

Proceed with the rest of the scripts and let me know how it goes.

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro!

Hey,

I am trying to install my subscribed Pro 11 on a new computer.

The set up fails.

I tried this script but I am denied access.

I haven't had problems in the past installing on other computers....

Can you please help to fix?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @oceans2earth,

Kindly open Windows Explorer > Local C > Program Files. If you are seeing a 'WindowsApps' folder (to unhide this folder, please refer to https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files), this is an installation issue that prevented some users to install Nitro successfully. Users who purchased MS Office in Windows 10, via the Online Marketplace were affected by this due to permission issue on that specific folder.

Do you have this folder on your machine? If you will visit http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/failed/000003265, does all the scripts also fails when execute via Command Prompt with Administrator rights?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

I found the WindowsApps folder

After typing at the command prompt

takeown /F "%ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps"

I get the access denied message

I am the administrator and only user 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @oceans2earth,

Thanks for providing this information.

After checking your account, I can see you were able to submit a support case and a colleague of mine is already assisting you for the same issue.

For better case handling, we have merged this post to your support ticket and notated your last response there.

Kindly wait for his response for next steps to address this issue.

Cheers!

*1.* Right-click on the Start button and choose *Command Prompt (Admin).* Does not work anymore with Windows 10.

In the search box type CMD right click on "Command Prompt" select  "Run as Administrator"

In  the Administrator Command Prompt window change the directory.

C:\WINDOWS\system32> {type " cd C:\"}

*2. *At command prompt window type the following command & hit *Enter.*

C:\> takeown /F "%ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps" (do not type the "-" in front of the script.) 

Follow steps and restart the computer and install. 

The Nitro Pro 11.0.8.470 installer has failed repetively with the message "Nitro Pro Setup Has Failed".

The computer was a new-in-box Dell XPS 8930 desktop with Windows 10 1809. The date was 28DEC2018.

The procedure detailed in the KB article titled Nitro Pro Wizard Setup Has Failed was not working. Below are the commands given in that KB article, without the HTML formatting and explanatory text.

REM Issue these commands from an admistrative command prompt.
takeown /F "%ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps"
takeown /F "%ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps" /r /d y
icacls "%ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps" /grant Administrators:F
icacls "%ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps" /grant Administrators:F /t
icacls "%ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps" /setowner "NT Service\TrustedInstaller"

All of the commands appeared to successfully complete, but the Nitro Pro installer still failed with the "Nitro Pro Setup Has Failed" message, even when it was run as an administrator.

Removal of the Office applications in the OEM image did not resolve the issue.

Installation of the full version of Office 2016 Pro from DVD resolved the issue.

Hopefully I've been of some help.

having the same problem. tried all the instructions on command prompt (admin) and still same problem. This is while trying to install on a new computer Win10

getting frustrating. any help will be appreciated

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Saminj,

In some cases, uninstalling MS Office and rebooting your machine should allow you to reinstall your Nitro Pro on your Windows 10. Have you tried that already?

After successfully reinstalling your Nitro Pro, then reinstall your MS Office.

This is an installation issue that prevented some users to install Nitro successfully. Users who purchased MS Office in Windows 10, via the Online Marketplace were affected by this due to permission issue on that specific folder.

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and I hope this helps!

i Removed MS Office (was quite messy for my outlook folders), then I restarted my system. Still i have the same error. even after running the *.exe file under administrator

"Nitro Pro Setup Wizard has failed"

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Saminj,

Thanks for your response and patience.

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please send me a private message and provide the serial number of your Nitro Pro?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Archived