Underline text

eagan

I have entered text on a pdf via home/ type text.  Question is how do you underline  the text you just typed?

I have tried review/underline by scrolling over  the text holding left mouse but does not underline. I do not see a underline option under text properties.

Why can you underline text from existing words on a pdf but not after you type the actual text, strange.  The only way I underline is to draw a line under shapes but sometimes too thick and crooked.

Thx

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @eagan,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order to underline that texts you typed, you would have to involve Mark-up tools under Review tab to draw a line.

Once you have entered the text with the Type Text tool, you must then right-click the text field and select, "Flatten Selection".  Once you flatten the text, you can then use the Underline option in the Mark-Up text group in the Review tab.

If you would like to underline a specific word or words (and not the whole line), you will need to use the OCR to make the text "Searchable/Editable".  This will then allow you to use either the Selection tool to select the text you want and then use the right-click menu to "Underline" or by just using the Underline option.

But if you would like to request a change in how Nitro handles underlining texts within Type Text tool, you can submit the request directly to our Product Team using the link: https://community.gonitro.com/forum/12-product-improvement/ 

While we cannot guarantee each feature request submitted will be granted, rest assured our development team will be notified through above website and all updates will be available on this page: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

Please check for updates on page above from time to time.

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and I hope this helps!

Hi Allain

I don't know much about flattening but I also stumbled on this by just trying late last night to flatten and noticed I was able to underline. 

Maybe the knowledge base or manual shd reference this as I could not find anything about it in the KB or manual.

Thx  again.

Archived