Can not install MS Office add-ins

pubeb

Hello,
I just bought two licenses Nitro pro 12 and it is impossible to install MS Office add-ins, it was the goal of my purchase ...
Windows 10 64-bit, Office 365, no WindowsApps folder in C \ Program Files.

In Help / Support tools / PDF creation I try to activate the Microsoft Office add-ins but I get the error message "modifying the office Add-ins requires Administrator rights. I click Yes. The software restart but when I start again I get the error message "unable to update word microsft Add-in".

I tried everything, I've been on it for several hours, Grrrrrrr!! I read all the answers on the MS Office Add-ins, nothing works.

I logged in as an administrator, I uninstalled the version Nitro pro 12.00.112 (french), used the clean up tool Nitro, reinstalled version 12.5.0.268. Always the same, you can not install MS Office add-ins ... which of course do not appear in the MS Office add-ins management window, nor are they active, inactive, or disabled.

What to do?
I ended up reading this post: https://community.gonitro.com/topic/3914-nitro-pro-12-office-add-ins/?tab=comments#comment-8925 which suggests that this is an unresolved problem of Nitro Pro. In this case, I would like to be paid back, I will buy another software. How to get payback?

Thanks for your help.
Eric (French)

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @pubeb,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

This known issue that will be address upon the release of Nitro Pro 12.7.0.395 in the next few days.

All updates will be available on this page: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

Please check for updates on page above from time to time.

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and I hope this helps!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @pubeb,

Thanks for your response and patience.

I believe French installers will be released as well though not in the same page I provided you.

Once the new build is available, you can reply to this thread to request for the French installers.

• 3 weeks later...

Does this new build fix the problem of add-ins previously installed that have now disappeared from MS Office 365 products?  When will 12.7.0.395  be available?  The d/l page still lists Latest Version:  12.6.1.298; Release date:  October 31st, 2018.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @jake3_14,

As per Release Notes https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/release-notes , missing Nitro Pro addins in MS Office applications should be fixed.

Please note that Nitro Pro 12.7 was initially released for Business and Enterprise customers and will soon update our Download page for online-users like you.

Rest assured all updates will be available on this page: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

Please check for updates on page above from time to time.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently (Jan 18, 2019) downloaded the trial version of Nitro Pro version 12.6.1.298 .  However, I get the message "Unable to update Microsoft Word add-in" after going through Help>Support tools>PDF Creation The same message occurs when attempting to install the add-ins to Excel, Office, etc.

I have tried all the suggestions I have found here, such as right clicking and "Run as administrator" and running "NitroPDFsupporttools" directly from the root directory  many times with no success.

I understand this is in "Trial Mode" and I fully intend to purchase IF I can resolve this issue.  Is this functionality specifically not available in trial mode?  I have seen other complaints about this issue

I am running WIndows 10 on a new Dell laptop with Office 365

Please advise

It's been nearly 3 months since the release of v12.7 to the enterprise market, which is the alleged fix to this problem.  There's been no word from Nitro PDF as to when the fix will be available to the consumer market, and I would definitely defer buying this product until that release occurs.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @jake3_14,

Thanks for your response and my apologies for the inconvenience.

Please allow me to check our product team for an ETA of Nitro Pro 12.7 for the consumer market.

I'll get back to you once I have an update.

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Alex T,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Let us troubleshoot by following these steps:
1. Run a Quick Repair of Microsoft Office 365 via the Control Panel's Programs and Features section. 
2. Download and run our Clean Up utility to uninstall your Nitro Pro: http://install.nitropdf.com/support/downloads/cleanup.zip
3. Please clear all your downloads folder or delete all downloaded Nitro installers. This step is important because we noticed that if you are saving all the installers and you download them in the same folder (like the downloads folder), the EXE can pick up any MSI installed in that folder and you may pick-up one of the older builds instead of the newly downloaded package.
4. Reinstall using direct installers below:
x32 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_1261298/en/burn/nitro_pro12_ba_x86.msi
x64 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_1261298/en/burn/nitro_pro12_ba_x64.msi

5. Check that the add-ins are now installed. If that didn't help, uninstall MS Office 365 and reinstall using standard installers.

I tried this procedure, and after step 4, Nitro PDF reports that I'm using an expired trial version of the software!  Where do I find my license key?  Also, not only is the MS-Word plug-in not restored, all the Nitro menus in my other Office 365 apps are gone, too!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @jake3_14

The above steps I sent is intended for @Alex T. I apologize for the confusion it may have caused you.

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please send me a private message and provide the serial number of your Nitro Pro?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

3 hours ago, AllainU said:

Hello @jake3_14

The above steps I sent is intended for @Alex T. I apologize for the confusion it may have caused you.

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please send me a private message and provide the serial number of your Nitro Pro?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

I don't know how to address a private message to you, and I don't know where to find the serial number of my Nitro Pro.  The instructions I followed removed my copy of Nitro Pro with my serial number, and the currently installed version has no serial number that I can find.  I've uninstalled both copies of Nitro Pro I found on my computer (v12.1 and v12.6). 

Please tell me how to send a private message to you and how to find my serial number.

Archived