Consistent crash when scanning from Kodak i1150

Food 4 Thought

Food 4 Thought

Nitro Pro 11.03 & 11.08 64-bit

Scanner: Kodak i1150 USB, 1.36 firmware

Fresh installation of Windows 10 Pro, current updates.  Scanner just installed, firmware updated and KODAK/IRIS drivers current.

When scanning to a PDF (Home -> PDF -> From Scanner), I am presented with three (3) scanners:  Two (2) KODAK Scanner :i1100 and a WIA-KODAK Scanner i1150.

Attempting to choose one of the two KODAK Scanner :i1100 options causes Nitro to crash (Crash report submitted with my email address), consistently in v11..03 and 11.08 64-bit.  Usin gthe WIA-KODAK Scanner i1150 works fine; however, our Microsoft Dynamics vendor states we can't use it.  Sort of a problem, as you can see.

Thoughts?

Thanks ahead of time.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Food 4 Thought,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

I have checked our end for the crash report using your email address 'tom.payne@schultehospitality.com' and didn't receive any results. Did you use a different email address to submit the reports? 

I found a similar case from a colleague of yours were he also also submitted crash reports for the same issue and we found errors pointing to EZ TWAIN driver. Kindly update the TWAIN scan driver of your scanning device then test it again.

For the machine that is still at build 11.0.3, any reason why it is still not using 11.0.8? Could you please update that as well?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Food 4 Thought

Thanks for the fast reply.

Firmware for the Kodak i1150 is current (1.32), drivers/TWAIN driver is current as of v2.07.1 per the Kodak/Alaris website.

Scanning was initially attempted against Nitro Pro v11.0.3 before I discovered there was an updated version.

Scanned again, same error, report sent around 3:20pm EST.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Food 4 Thought,

Thanks for your response and patience.

Upon checking the crash report, it shows you're using Nitro Pro 11.0.8.470 and the error is still pointing to EZ TWAIN 'Eztwain4' driver.

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please send me a private message and provide the serial number of your Nitro Pro and Support Tools. Note that if the tool is not found in Help tab, you will need to go to the installation folder of Nitro Pro and open NitroPDFSupportTools.exe: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/support tools/000001594

Thank you and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Archived