Trial Nitro 12 not starting

Earlt

I just purchased Nitro Pro 12 Individual and downloaded the trial version to my new HP Spectre running Windows 10 Pro, preparatory to activating it.  The online installation completed but when Nitro tries to start, the logo flashes then I only see a small window asking what I would like to do (Edit, etc.).  There are no active buttons except the close window "x".  I tried repairing it through the "add and remove apps" screen.  That stopped to tell me it needed to close Nitro Pro, Nalpeiron Licensing, and Print Spool.  I permit it to close them, it completes the repair, and the problem remains.  I never get to the point of activating the program. It is consistent when I remove Nitro Pro then repeat the installation process.  

I read the fix about changing the ownership of the WindowsApps directory and subfiles.  Step 1 gives me "ERROR: access is denied". 

Office 365 is installed.  It shows Nitro Pro as an add-in, curiously.

Any help would be appreciated.  

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Earlt,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Kindly run Nitro Pro with Compatibility mode by referring to these steps:
1. Right-click Nitro Pro desktop shortcut or the NitroPDF.exe (by default is installed in C:\Program Files\Nitro\Pro X) then select Properties
2. Nitro Pro Properties window will open, click on Compatibility tab
3. Under Compatibility Mode, tick the box for 'Run this program in compatibility mode for', click the drop-down arrow and select Windows 7 if you're using Windows 10

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and I hope this helps!

I did as you suggested and Nitro Pro 12 is now set to Windows 7 compatibility.  I restarted the computer, checked to be sure it was still in Windows 7 compatibility mode, then tried to start the program.  Unfortunately, It has the same problem starting up as before.  

Apart from the forums, is there support for installation/activation problems?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Earlt,

Thanks for your response and patience.

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please send me a private message and provide the serial number of your Nitro Pro and its build (format is 12.X.X.X, e.g. 12.0.0.112). You can find these out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Archived