Nitro Pro 11 will not istall

James Roren

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @JFR,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Let us try some troubleshooting by referring to these steps:
1. Clear the content of the directory under C:\users\your_username\Appdata\local\temp. For whatever reason, not all temp files automatically remove themselves and is NOT usually caused by Nitro Pro files.
2. Run MS FixIt to uninstall your Nitro Pro 12: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed
3. Reboot your machine.
4. Please clear all your downloads folder or delete all downloaded Nitro installers. This step is important because we noticed that if you are saving all the installers and you download them in the same folder (like the downloads folder), the EXE can pick up any MSI installed in that folder and you may pick-up one of the older builds instead of the newly downloaded package.
5. Download and install Nitro Pro 11.0.8.470 using below offline installers:

x64 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_1108470/en/burn/nitro_pro11_ba_x64.msi
x32 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_1108470/en/burn/nitro_pro11_ba_x86.msi

If you are not sure which to pick, this will help: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/64/000001874

6. After installation, you can activate by opening Nitro Pro, clicking on the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activation and entering your serial number.

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and I hope this helps!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @JFR,

Thank you for response and patience.

To further assist you with your concern, I created a support ticket on your behalf.

I will wait for your response through the support case.

Cheers!

I am having the exact same problem. I de-activated on my old PC and tried to install it on my new one and it fails. 12 free trial installed without a problem. I tried the above steps, removed 12 and 11 still fails. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @JFR,

Thanks for your response.

Please note I sent you and email through the support case and I am still waiting for your response.

Cheers!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Champion5,

In most cases, uninstalling your MS Office and rebooting your machine will allow you to install your Nitro Pro 11. Have you tried that already?

This is an installation issue that prevented some users to install Nitro successfully. Users who purchased MS Office in Windows 10, via the Online Marketplace were affected by this due to permission issue on that specific folder.

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and I hope this helps!

ashish gupta

Hey, I am also facing the same problem,while installing nitro pdf 11( licensed version) , the setup ends prematurely. Probably as read in the other forums , windows10  does not have the WIC component. For downloading that component, the update.inf file is required. I am unable to find the update.inf file. Please help how can i installed my version of purchased nitro pdf.  

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @IN.ASHISHGUPTA@GMAIL.COM,

To further assist you with your concern, I just responded to the support ticket you have submitted.

We will wait for your response through the support case.

Cheers!

Hello,

same problem to try my licensed version 11 pro on a new windows 10 (64) Lenovo laptop. Tried all 'solutions' I could find in the forum (although I have no MS-office installed) but the "Nitro Pro Setup Wizard ended prematurely".

What's next??

Paul Fredriksen

I also have de-installed on an old computer and released one licence out of two, tried all the suggenstions on this page, and still I cannot get the installer to work on the new computer. It terminates after download with error message "Installer ended prematurely due to error."

Edited by Paul Fredriksen
misspelling

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin
On 1/11/2019 at 12:50 AM, JFR said:

still no answer?

Hi @JFR,

Thanks for your patience.

Please note that I sent you emails last 2nd and 11th of January and it may have got stuck in your Spam/Junk folder.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you by replying through the support thread. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @ACB @Paul Fredriksen,

To further assist you with your concern, I created a support ticket on your behalf.

I will wait for your response through the support case.

Cheers!

Edited by AllainU

Found it (at least for my freshly installed Windows 10 on a 64bit laptop).

You need to have administrator rights and enable hidden files view.

See  https://www.wintips.org/how-to-access-windowsapps-folder-windows-10-8/

This did the trick: Part 1.How to gain Read Only Access rights to 'C:\Program Files\WindowsApps' folder. After this the installation of Nitro Pro 11 worked.

didn't need Part 2. How to gain Full Access rights to 'C:\Program Files\WindowsApps' folder using the command prompt.

Good luck

• Thanks 1

Already replied on prosupport@sfdc.gonitro.com dated 09-01-2019.
As per the suggestions advised above, i have executed them all and is providing the screenshot of each step in them. I guess there is some problem with screen 4/5. Also the 64 bit version download link is not working. Please guide further in this regard.
Please check my email reply dated 09-01-2019.
Best Regards

Ashish Gupta

Paul Fredriksen
On 1/12/2019 at 1:36 AM, ACB said:

Found it (at least for my freshly installed Windows 10 on a 64bit laptop).

You need to have administrator rights and enable hidden files view.

See  https://www.wintips.org/how-to-access-windowsapps-folder-windows-10-8/

This did the trick: Part 1.How to gain Read Only Access rights to 'C:\Program Files\WindowsApps' folder. After this the installation of Nitro Pro 11 worked.

didn't need Part 2. How to gain Full Access rights to 'C:\Program Files\WindowsApps' folder using the command prompt.

Good luck

Paul Fredriksen
1 hour ago, IN.ASHISHGUPTA@GMAIL.COM said:
Already replied on prosupport@sfdc.gonitro.com dated 09-01-2019.
As per the suggestions advised above, i have executed them all and is providing the screenshot of each step in them. I guess there is some problem with screen 4/5. Also the 64 bit version download link is not working. Please guide further in this regard.
Please check my email reply dated 09-01-2019.
Best Regards

Ashish Gupta

Tried it all, no luck. Getting very frustrated.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Paul Fredriksen,

Thanks for your response and patience.

I just responded to the support case and I high suggest that you only respond to that thread for better case handling.

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and my apologies for the inconvenience.

Lindsey Schibel

What was the solution for this? We are having the same issue installing Nitro Pro 11 and have tried all the previous comments in this thread with no luck

• I agree 1