Nitro Pro 11 will not istall

James Roren

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Linder & Goetz,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order for me to better assist you, are you installing Nitro Pro 11 or Nitro Pro 12?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Linder & Goetz,

Thanks for your response and patience.

To further assist you with your concern, I created a support ticket on your behalf.

I will wait for your response through the support case.

Cheers!

I'm having the same problem.  I purchased a new copy of Nitro Pro 11 (used to have NP 6 on older laptop) and I've tried all these debugging steps and it simply won't install.

What is the problem here?  Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 10.  I should not have to uninstall all my programs to make this one work.

Never had this problem with Nitro PDF 6, but I could not locate the ID Numbers for my program on the old laptop so could not transfer it.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Dina,

I have checked our system using your email address 'dlbiblin@comcast.net' but didn't find any records.

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please send me a private message and provide the serial number of your Nitro Pro 11?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

I also have the same problem: Failing to install Nitro 11.

I tried all steps in this thread, but Nitro Pro 11 Setup Wizard complaints that it "ended prematurely".

Please help.

Please help, I have switched to a new computer and when installing Nitro Pro 11 I get this message "nitro pro setup wizard has failed" I am starting to get angry, it should not be this difficult to switch to a new computer, with the same Operating System, I have Windows 10

I too cannot get Nitro Pro 11 to install, I get this error message.........nitro pro setup wizard has failed, I have tried all of the steps above, please do not repeat the same answers, none of the above worked

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @dsindler,

To further assist you with your concern, I created a support ticket on your behalf.

Cheers!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @dcmr,

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please send me a private message and provide the serial number of your Nitro Pro 11?

Has anybody received a solution to this problem yet?  It seems to be rampant and I'm discouraged about updating my Nitro Pro 6 to a newer program on my new computer.

I'm also unable to move my existing Nitro Pro 6 (which worked just fine on Windows 7) to my new laptop for fear I'll never get it back to my old laptop if I have to uninstall it there.

Help!

Dina

• 1 month later...
Paul Fredriksen

I had online help from a very talented support person. He tried all the tricks in the trade to install ver 11 but had to give up after more tha 1 hour. That is very frustrating. As a resolution I have been offered PRO12 at a discount. I am very upset and angry about this outcome. I have bought a product and now I suspect they have made the installation such that it canno be used on newer computers thereby forcing you to purchace an upgrade. This is unacceptible. If they have resolved this issue on istalling ver 12 they should remake an installation program for ver 11. After all I have an activation key that i have purchased. I want a product that can be installed on my two computers, and I want the same version on both. I am quite satisfied with ver 11. I have never experienced any program that will not install due to somethin in the installation program, at least for serious programs. 

James Roren

Me and so many other customers who bought Nitro 11 keep getting these ridiculous long technical solutions that don't work. Admit you made a mistake and upgrade us to version 12 or maybe we should all start a blog at what a ripoff this is!

James Roren

I have tried so many of these long technical trys with no help. Its 100% unfair for us people who paid for 11 to work and now it doesn't. No other software platform has obstacles like this in a simple new machine upload.

James Roren

You put it very succintly. There is NO other program that you cannot simply install on a new machine without becoming an IT expert.

Nitro pro 11 (nitro_pro11_ba_x64.msi) will not install on windows 10 pro. "The message I get is Nitro Pro setup wizard has ended prematurely". 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @NickG,

Kindly open Windows Explorer > Local C > Program Files. If you are seeing a 'WindowsApps' folder (to unhide this folder, please refer to https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files), this is an installation issue that prevented some users to install Nitro successfully. Users who purchased MS Office in Windows 10, via the Online Marketplace were affected by this due to permission issue on that specific folder.

As a workaround, please visit this article and follow the steps properly until step 7: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/failed/000003265

After performing steps 1 to 7, please perform these additional steps:
1. Enable the 'Hidden items' in Windows Explorer as the WindowsApps is hidden.
2. Go to C:\ProgramFiles\ then double click WindowsApps folder.
3. Click 'Continue' to permanently get access to this folder.
4. Close WindowsApps folder then open it again, you should no longer get the message 'You don’t currently have permission to access this folder' pop-up message.

Then try reinstalling your Nitro Pro 11.

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and I hope this helps!

Hello @JFR,

Thanks for your response and my apologies for this inconvenience.

Could you please try the steps I provided to NickG?

I had already followed your instructions, but they did not work. The problem was solved as follows:

1. I uninstalled the MS Office 365 that was provided with the laptop (BTW the laptop was a Dell XPS 9570, with MS Office preinstalled. So I had activated this version using my Microsoft account)

2. I ran ccleaner to clean the registry and rebooted the machine.

3. I downloaded the nitro 11 installer from nitro site (the msi file did not install).

4. After installation I activated nitro pro 11

5. I reinstalled Office 365 

6. I rebooted the machine

7. After running Word, the Nitro Pro addin was properly installed.

PROBLEM SOLVED !!!

Paul Fredriksen
2 hours ago, AllainU said:

Hello @NickG,

Kindly open Windows Explorer > Local C > Program Files. If you are seeing a 'WindowsApps' folder (to unhide this folder, please refer to https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files), this is an installation issue that prevented some users to install Nitro successfully. Users who purchased MS Office in Windows 10, via the Online Marketplace were affected by this due to permission issue on that specific folder.

As a workaround, please visit this article and follow the steps properly until step 7: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/failed/000003265

After performing steps 1 to 7, please perform these additional steps:
1. Enable the 'Hidden items' in Windows Explorer as the WindowsApps is hidden.
2. Go to C:\ProgramFiles\ then double click WindowsApps folder.
3. Click 'Continue' to permanently get access to this folder.
4. Close WindowsApps folder then open it again, you should no longer get the message 'You don’t currently have permission to access this folder' pop-up message.

Then try reinstalling your Nitro Pro 11.

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and I hope this helps!

Hello @JFR,

Thanks for your response and my apologies for this inconvenience.

Could you please try the steps I provided to NickG?

This was tried by online support and did not work. Stop kidding us and release a revised installation file for Nitor ver 11 that works without all these stupid issues.

Paul Fredriksen

I am happy hat you resolved it. But in general, all this back and forth should not be necessary, and the company should provide a new installation package for ver 11.

i HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM, I JUST HAVE A NEW LAPTOP AND IS IMPOSIBLE TO DOWNLOAD THE NITRO PRO 11, I CHECK ALL THE TIPS YOU HAVE IN THE FORUM AND I HAVE THE SAME MESAGE AND THE NITRO PRO IS NOT INSTALL, WHAT I CAN DO?

WHEN YOU GIVE THE RECOMENDATION REMEMBER THAT I'M ONLY A LAPTO USER THEN PLEASE BE VERY CHEAR STEP BY STEP ABOUT HOW I CAN HAVE READY AND WORKING MY NITRO PRO 11 (64)

I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE WITH NITRO PRO 11, I HAVE A NEW DELL LAPTOP AND I CAN'T INSTALL THE NITRO PRO 11, WHAT CAN I DO?, I USE SEVERAL TIPS WHICH ARE IN THIS FORUM AND DOESN'T WORK

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @stumpyday,

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please send me a private message and provide the serial numbers of your Nitro Pro. This matters because our business installers are different from the online ones.

I look forward for your response.

Hello @JILINARES,

Cheers!

Hello @Paul Fredriksen,

To further assist you with this issue you're having, I just sent you another email via support ticket.