Save As ignores selected folder

David Jeffery

David Jeffery

Nitro Pro 12.  Nitro Pro 11 had the same problem and I upgraded to get rid of the problem but wasted my money.

There is a bug with the default folder when saving files.  Example:

Open a pdf.  Extract pages and see a new "Untitled1"  document.

Press "Save As" and choose a Recent Folder.

Save As screen is then for a completely different folder to that chosen - usually one used previously.

The interaction with File Explorer does not work?

This type of problem is happening all over with Nitro.  The default folder record is not being updated when one first opens a file.        

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @DavidJ,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Please try changing the setting under File >> Preferences >> General >> Default Locations and test if this fixes it. If not, please provide the following information:
-What build of Nitro Pro are you working with? You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is 12.X.X.X, e.g. 12.0.0.112) or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features
-Are any of your colleagues experiencing the same issue?
-When did you first start experiencing this issue?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

David Jeffery

Thanks Allain

Version 12.0.0.112

Problem was also in Version 11.

I have unticked the default locations box and that seems to stop the problem when using "Save As". 

But, logically, the box should be ticked - when working in a particular folder with multiple files one usually stays there.

If using "Save As" the default location should be overridden.

The problem may be that I never use "Open" from within Nitro.  For efficiency, for almost everything (Nitro, Word, Excel) I work from File Explorer.  All the different files are in one place.  Maybe Nitro is not populating the last location when a file is opened using File Explorer. 

Archived