Word to PDF Conversion Error Issue

Alexander1

Whether trying to create a pdf through NitroPro or from Word, I keep getting error messages. When attempting to convert a Word file to pdf through the Word add-in, I get the error message "An unknown error has occurred." When attempting the same conversion via Home --> PDF (Create) --> From File on my Nitro Pro application, I get the error message "The creation process encountered an error, and failed to create the PDF file." I started encountering this issue on/around 12-28-2018. I tried different Word files and had the same result. I am using version Nitro Pro 12.0.0.112. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Alexander1,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

To further troubleshoot, kindly uninstall/install your Nitro Pro plug-in for MS Word. Please refer to these steps:
1. Close your Nitro Pro and MS Office applications if they're open.
2. Right-click on the Nitro Pro desktop icon and select Run as Administrator.
3. Go to Help tab > Support Tools > PDF Creation tab and tick the box for MS Word under Microsoft Office Add-ins. If the tool is not found in Help tab, you will need to go to the installation folder of Nitro Pro and run NitroPDFSupportTools.exe (by default, it is inside C:\Program Files\Nitro\Pro X, where X is the version you have)
4. Click Update Add-ins button. Installation will be done in the background. Once it's done, you should receive a message 'Update of add-ins was successful. To activate your changes, please restart Microsoft Office applications'.
5. Click OK > Close.
6. Close your Nitro Pro, reopen it as well as MS Word and and try to convert again.

If above steps didn't help and in order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please send me a private message and provide the following?:
-The serial number of your Nitro Pro
-Are any other users able to replicate the issue, or is it just the one computer / user?
-Are you also having issue converting Excel/PowerPoint files and Outlook email messages?
-Where are the files saved (local, a shared drive or an external drive) when you’re trying to convert? Can you check if you have the same issue when the files are saved locally?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @jared childs,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

To further assist you, what build of Nitro Pro are you working with? You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is 14.XX.X.XXX, e.g 14.14.0.13) or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features under the Version column. 

Sending over a screenshot of the 'About Nitro Pro' window will also help me understand what MSI version was used (Retail, Business, or Enterprise).

Also please provide the serial number. You can send the details of the license in this post so it will be visible to all the moderators. Rest assured we will hide the serial number before making the post visible to this thread.

Thank you very much in advance and I look forward to hearing back from you.