Serial Number Not Recognized

Bruce

I have Nitro PDF Pro version 6, build 6.2.3.6, and a valid serial number. I'm trying to open a PDF from my bank, and I see this message:

This is an XFA form and has special restrictions.

And the document never opens. However, it opens just fine with Acrobat Reader. I thought that maybe XFA forms are a newer feature of PDFs that Nitro V6 doesn't handle, so I would like to upgrade to the newer version 12. I downloaded and installed the trial version, and it is able to open the PDF. There are a few issues with how it renders the document, but at least it can open the doc.

So here's my issue: I see that there is an upgrade price of $79.99 for users of version 11 or older. However, my serial number is not recognized by the Cleverbridge agent when I try to get the upgrade price. I clicked around the Nitro site to Resources -> Get Support -> License Portal, and that Nitro page DID recognize my serial number. So Nitro recognizes my SN, but Cleverbridge does not.

Can someone please help me resolve this so I can upgrade to Version 12? I don't want to post my SN on this site but will provide it via email.

Thanks.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Bruce,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please send me a private message and provide the serial number of your Nitro Pro 6?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Bruce,

Thanks for your response and for providing your Nitro Pro 6 serial number.

I had to hide it though to keep it safe from other users. 

I have searched our system but I can't find it. Did you purchase this from retail store or from a vendor?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Hi Allain,

I purchased this from a retail store (probably Fry's Electronics, but I don't remember). I have the original CD/DVD and sleeve, with the Activation Code (S/N) printed on the back of the sleeve. I'm not having any luck inserting that image into this post, but if you send me an email to bruce at bruceski dot com I will reply with the image.

Thanks!

Archived