Deactivation OK. Activation not OK.

deepblue

I'm using Nitro PDF Professional 6.1.4.1 and have recently moved to a new computer. I used the activation portal and it appeared that I successfully deactivated all my activations. It says, "Number of Activations: 0 -- Number of Activations Allowed: 2.

However, when I try to activate the software on my new computer, I receive the message, " -23 Error: License number already used"

Thanks for your help on this.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @deepblue,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please send me a private message and provide the serial number of your Nitro Pro?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @deepblue,

Thank you for providing me the serial number of your Nitro Pro.

I just made an adjustment on your license, so you can now activate your copy of Nitro Pro by going to Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate, entering your serial number and clicking Activate.

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and I hope this helps!

dougwinterflood

I have a similar problem. I have a new device. I can deactivate the software on my original machine (running Nitro Pro 11) and can reactivate it using the serial number. However when I try to download NP11 on the new device the download crashes, Nitro Pro 12 will download without problem but will not accept the serial number.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Doug W,

For me to further assist you, are you having issues installing Nitro Pro 11 or activating?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

dougwinterflood

Thanks Allain

I have a new computer and wish to shift or upgrade my current NItro Pro 11 installation to the new device.

I am unable to download NP 11 on the new device as it responds that the wizard has failed

I am able to download Version 12 however but can't activate using the V 11 serial number from the old machine.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Doug W,

Thanks for your patience and my apologies for my delayed response.

Please take note you may receive the '-22 Error Wrong License Number' message when you attempted to enter your Nitro Pro 11 serial number on a different version of Nitro Pro like version 12.

If you would like to upgrade your Nitro Pro 11 to Nitro Pro 12, kindly upgrade by entering your Nitro Pro 11 serial number in our Upgrade Portal: https://www.gonitro.com/support/upgrade. You should get a message saying 'You’re eligible for a discounted upgrade to Nitro Pro 12' then click Proceed to Checkout.

After installation, you can activate by opening Nitro Pro, clicking on the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activation and entering your NEW serial number.

We purchased 4 seats of Nitro Pro 11 last May, and now we are unable to deactivate/reactivate seats when moving people to new computers.  When installing on the new computer we see:  Error #23  license already used, even though we just deactivated the license on the old computer an hour ago.  This issue persists days after the initial attempt to move the license.  Using the license checker portal, we see that the license is active, 0 activations, 2 activations allowed.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Bryan W.,

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please send me a private message and provide the serial number of your Nitro Pro you're working with?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Bryan W.,

Thanks for your response and for providing the affected serial number.

Our record shows you are experiencing an issue activating the license is because the computer that the software was installed on did not generate a proper Computer ID (which is a Nitro-specific ID, which generates a unique Computer ID for each computer that the software is installed on). Instead, a Computer ID of all '0's was generated.

To fix this issue on the machine you're trying to activating, I just made an adjustment on your license, so you can now activate your copy of Nitro Pro by going to Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate, entering your serial number and clicking Activate.

dougwinterflood

Good Morning Allain

Another brick wall. The link you sent failed to work.

It appears that I can't attach a screen shot but it is an Error 404 The page cannot be found.

Archived