Nitro Pro on Terminal Server

Tss

Hello.

I would like to know if it is possible to (example) buy 3 Individual Nitro Pro licenses and install Nitro Pro on a Terminal Server, for the 3 individual users to use?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Tss,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please provide the following?:
-Is your server PHYSICAL machine or VIRTUALIZED using e.g. XenServer of VMware?
-Is the server's operating system installed NORMALLY or STREAMED using e.g. Citrix Provisioning Services or Machine Creation Services or Standard Microsoft Remote Desktop Server?
-Is Nitro Pro will be installed on the server NORMALLY or STREAMED using e.g. App-V or ThinApp?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

Edited by AllainU

Hi @AllainU

Thank you for your reply.

- The server is virtual in VMWare. It's a Terminal server.
- There are multiple thin clients and also some RDP sessions connectiong to the server. Windows Server 2012 R2 is installed.
- It is the plan to install Nitro Pro normally on the server and apply a single-user license to each user who needs it.

If you need additional info please don't hesitate to ask.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Tss,

Thank you for getting back to me and for providing these information.

I highly suggest filling-up this form to contact our Sales team https://www.gonitro.com/contact-sales to purchase Nitro Pro with a different license-model that works well with your virtual setup. 

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and I hope this helps!

Hi @AllainU

I already did that. The answer i got back was that volume licensing starts at 11 users.
That Is why I ask here if it is possible to buy 3 single-user Nitro Pro licenses, and apply them separately for each user on a VM Terminal server.

What to do when you want to use Nitro Pro on a terminal server, but have less then 11 users?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Tss,

Thanks for your response and patience.

Yes our Sales Team is correct. For them to be able to sell a license that will work on your Terminal server, it has to be 11 or more users.

I hope this helps and my apologies for the inconvenience.

• 7 months later...

We are also having the same problem. We have around 11 users who use Windows Terminal server ( general install) and connect using Microsoft RDP client to the server. We want to know what license to purchase for the 11 users so that they can use it on terminal server.  Tried reaching chat, phone , email for the past 4 months and no luck. Please help. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @LKe,

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please provide the serial number of your Nitro Pro?

To send it via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'. 

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• 4 months later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Mrn,

Unfortunately, the Basic version will not work on a virtual server.

If you are trialing Nitro Pro 13 on a VM hosted in any virtualized environment, you'll need another MSI installer that accepts a license-file, instead of a serial number.

This license-file uses another licensing model and will not result to the error message you're receiving.

I suggest contacting our Sales Team by filling-up this form to get a copy of this MSI installer and License-file: https://www.gonitro.com/contact-sales 

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and I hope this helps!