fill-out Form Fields

sindbadegy

Hi,

i am trying to fill a visa application form in which has many fields with a drop down list, but whenever i try to click on the arrow to expand listed options it doesn't work, meanwhile i have tried the same doc file with different pdf reader and it works fine, is there any kind of setting i need to manage to get this issue solved?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @sindbadegy,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

For me to further assist you, please provide a copy of the sample file you're working with so I could check it on our end.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

2 hours ago, AllainU said:

Hello @sindbadegy,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

For me to further assist you, please provide a copy of the sample file you're working with so I could check it on our end.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Hi @AllainU

unfortunately I couldn't manage how to attached a file over here, however here is the link when you can download a copy as it is a template form of visit visa of canada

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5257e.pdf

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @sindbadegy,

Thanks for your patience and for providing this information.

Upon checking this file, please note this document was created using a program called Adobe LiveCycle (see the Document Properties of the file), which utilizes XFA / XML forms architecture that is not compliant with the PDF 2.0 specification set by the ISO (International Organization for Standardization). Our Product & Engineering team is actively investigating options to improve Nitro's ability to handle XFA and other non-standard PDF document-types, but this is a significant product roadmap initiative, and unfortunately, there isn't a short-term solution. 

Although we have improved on how we work with this format, some files will still not behave as expected. 

If you intend to simply view or fill in the form fields in this specific file, as this is a proprietary Adobe format, we suggest using Adobe reader. 

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and I hope this helps!

Archived