Activation of Nitro Pro 12

hdicenzo

I am having trouble downloading the trial version so I can activate my purchased version of Nitro Pro 12. I keep getting an error message that Something is blocking Nitro from proceeding. The following files are in use. You'll have to close these applications before the installation can proceed. Click continue to close them and continue. Brother Control Center (BrCtrlCntr.exe) I clicked continue and Installing goes to 15% and stops. I uninstalled all Brother software and I removed all the Brother devices from the control panel.

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @hdicenzo,

Thank you for posting on our Community Forums!

Sorry to hear that you are having this problem with the Brother Control Center conflict.
The Brother Control Center is still holding a directory open that Nitro needs access to when installing.

To resolve this:

Please open the Windows Task Manager with the shortcut CTRL + SHIFT + ESCAPE
When you have the console running > click on the Processes tab > look for BrCtrlCntr.exe > select it > click the End Process button.

After that go down to the System Tray (where the clock is, down the bottom right of your screen) and expand the icons to see the programs running.
If you can find Brother Control Center running there as well, please close it.

Now try to install Nitro again. 

I hope that helps!

Archived