Nitro Pro 12 Unable to scan to PDF

StrayAlleyKat

StrayAlleyKat

I am attempting to scan into new PDF. After scanning document, all windows except Nitro Pro main program window close, no error messages, no PDF image found.

Nitro Pro 12.6.1.298
Scanner: Brother DS-720D
Windows 10 Home x64

Create->PDF->From Scanner->Single Scan

Opens Scan Input Setting window. Shows Brother DS720D as scanner, use default settings, click SCAN.
Opens Scan Properties window. Use default settings, click SCAN.

Document feeds through scanner and shows information being received in status window.

Waiting on Next Job countdown window pops up with timer, click CANCEL.

Next Job window and Scan Properties window close without PDF image opening.

I have tried:
Uninstalling/Reinstalling Nitro Pro 12 w/ Nitro Cleanup and reboot after each step
Uninstalling/Reinstalling Brother DS720D driver w/ reboot after each step

What I can do:
Create, open, edit, etc PDF files
Scan/save directly to PC through scanning software

What I can't do:
Scan document into Nitro Pro 12 directly

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @StrayAlleyKat,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please send me a private message and provide the Support Tools file from the affected machine. Note that if the tool is not found in Help tab, you will need to go to the installation folder of Nitro Pro and open NitroPDFSupportTools.exe: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/support tools/000001594

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• 2 weeks later...
StrayAlleyKat

AllainU was unable to assist me with my issue after 8 days. Support logs show that Nitro Pro 12 was unable to see my scanner. End result was with the software, not the hardware. Switched to different PDF editor. PDF editor and scanner working fine. 

Curious, AllainU was more concerned about software license authenticity rather than addressing software issues. Valid download, installation and activation. Never did address that software wasn't seeing scanner.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @StrayAlleyKat,

I trust you're doing great today.

I deeply apologize for leaving an impression that I was more concerned about the license authenticity rather than addressing the software issues. Since I wasn’t able to find your records in our system, I simply tried to identify if you’re our business or online customer.

This matters because our business installers are different from the online ones. Once you sent the license information that pointed to a fraudulent purchase, I wanted to confirm this before any troubleshooting. I suspected that the installer was being tempered with as well which makes the troubleshooting much more difficult.

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve given up of Nitro Pro but I hope my reasoning makes sense.

I strive to help our users to my best ability but will take your feedback seriously and try to improve based on it.

Thank you and have a nice weekend ahead!

Archived