Unable to install NITRO PRO 12

Rejean Paquet

Rejean Paquet

I have administrator role on my Windows 10 computer. I want to install new version of Nitro Pro hoping this will fix a scanner issue I have. Instead installation removed my current Nitro Pro and it aborted. Now I don't have a PDF editor anymore, please help.

Serial # 234600-xxxxxx-xxxxxx

Rejean Paquet

I was using Nitro Pro v12.0 and I was having problem with using my Brother scanner when a page has 2 sides, after I scanned the side 2, the PDF generated contains only side 2, side 1 is lost. I noticed I was not running the latest version so I downloaded v12.6, but I can't complete the installation because of ADMINISTRATOR error. Now I don't have a NITRO PRO anymore on my Windows 10 pc. I need help installing this latest release. I checked and my user has ADMINISTRATOR rights on my PC. The error says "Insufficient privileges on c:\program files\Nitro\pro\12".

Rejean Paquet

*Update*

Good news! I was able to install Nitro Pro v12.6 using a different folder. When the installation started, I selected a new folder I just created (C:\Program Files\NitroPro12) and it worked. The default folder is C:\Program Files\Nitro\Pro\12 and earlier I was getting some insufficient permission for this folder. Now that NitroPro12 is working, I was able to scan a 2 sides page, it worked too. Just one concern, when I select scan, I get a dialogue where I could do a Preview, I have to click Start to start the scan. Now can I bypass this dialogue? when the 1st page is scanned, this dialogue stays on the screen and covers the pop up window that requested for Finish or Scan another page? it's annoying, I have to cancel that dialogue in order to click Scan another page. Again when page 2 is scanned I have to cancel the dialogue to select Finish, then the PDF is created. Thanks for listening.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Rejean Paquet,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Could you please provide a screenshot of the scan dialogue window you would like by-pass?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Rejean Paquet

I wanted to add another post but I reached my daily limit of 3 posts. I finally found how to skip the dialogue that shows up where you can specify settings about your scan. I created my own scan profile and I noticed a checkbox titled "Adjust native settings before scanning", I checked it, now I don't get the dialogue mentioned earlier. All is good now, I don't need more help, I should be fine. One question, how do I add a screenshot to my post? the 2 options offered are not working, the 1st option says you need to have attached document already and 2nd option asked for URL, i specified my OneDrive url for a saved screenshot but it doesn't work. I need an option where I can browse my drives. Thanks.

Archived