Forms created in Nitro Pro Not working in Adobe Reader DC

Wilf

G'day,

I created a seven page questionnaire in Nitro Pro Version 12.0.0.108 which works well in Nitro but on sending it out to my users, I find that it is not being read correctly in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Only several of the check box groups  are showing in Adobe and the calculated sum fields are not working. Any hints on why the incompatibility problem is happening? 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hi @Wilf,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

To further assist you, could you please send me a private message and provide a copy of the 7-page PDF forms you created?

My goal is to do some tests on my end.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• 1 month later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Roddey,

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please send me a private message and provide the following?:
-The serial number of your Nitro Pro. This matters because our business installers are different from the online ones.
-Nitro Pro build (format is 12.X.X.X, e.g. 12.0.0.112) you are working with. You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is 12.X.X.X, e.g. 12.0.0.112) or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.
-Does this happen with every file? If it is a single file, please send us the sample file (with sensitive information extracted) so I can replicate it on my end. To send me the sample file, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, what is the resolution of this issue.

I am using Nitro 9 (yes, i know, pretty old) and text i enter does not reliably appear when the PDF is opened in Adobe Reader.

I am willing to upgrade if it will solve the issue, but the above message makes it seem not that simple.

Please advise on general compatibility between Nitro and Adobe. i would think portability between the 2 platforms is the whole point.

thanks.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @rck,

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please provide me a copy of the file (with sensitive information extracted) you're working with so I can replicate it on my end. To send me the sample file, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

• 9 months later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @John79,

Since I am unable to pull-up your account, could you please provide the serial number of your Nitro Pro? This matters because our business installers are different from the online ones.

And, could you send us a copy of the PDF file you are having issue with?

To send them via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

Thanks and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• 1 month later...
Thomas Heikkila

A fellow employee has created forms in Nitro Pro that only function correctly in Nitro Pro or the Nitro PDF Reader. I understand I can't make them work in a browser, but our forms should be able to be usable in any reader. How do I fix this or how do we make these forms correctly going forward?

• I agree 1

• 1 month later...
Elliott Lichtstein

I just purchased Nitro Pro... Any form that I create cannot be opened by acrobat reader.    This is very frustrating. Please  help. 

Error message from Adobe Reader: "An error exists on the page. Acrobat may not display the page correctly.Please contact the person who created the PDF document

to correct the problem."

I as well am having issues with forms. I made a bunch of fillable forms for my company and in Nitro the forms look great and all the check boxes work properly. but now that we have been using them for a little while I am getting complaints about some check boxes disappear once the PDF is opened in Adobe, I tried to find a fix myself but cant seem to find anything. 

This is very unacceptable...some of these fields are very important to the outcome of our equipment. 

please any help would be very much appreciated!! 

thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
Christina Torres

Hi, we just signed up for the 14 day trial and right off the bat, receivers using Adobe reader are getting the "An error exists on the page. Acrobat may not display the page correctly.Please contact the person who created the PDF document to correct the problem." error message upon opening the PDF.  These are filable forms.

if this isn't remedied, we won't be able to use this product.  Please help.

Christina Torres
On 4/30/2020 at 1:24 PM, Christina Torres said:

Hi, we just signed up for the 14 day trial and right off the bat, receivers using Adobe reader are getting the "An error exists on the page. Acrobat may not display the page correctly.Please contact the person who created the PDF document to correct the problem." error message upon opening the PDF.  These are filable forms.

if this isn't remedied, we won't be able to use this product.  Please help.

@AllainU  any help for us? I don't see a resolution

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Christina Torres,

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please provide the following?:
-Build of Nitro Pro are you working with. You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is 13.X.X.X, e.g. 13.2.3.26) or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.
-A sample file (with sensitive information extracted) by sending me a private message so I can replicate it on my end. 

To send it via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

• 1 year later...
Juergen Kaestner

Hello,

We do have the same issue, we just created some W9 om Nitro Pro (13.16.2.300), and the filed are completly emty in Adobe.

Any help please?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Juergen Kaestner,

Kindly first update to the latest build which is Nitro PDF Pro 13.58 using the installers from this page and let us know it goes.

https://www.gonitro.com/installers/enterprise/v13/msi/download

If that did not help, we would love to have a copy of the PDF file you are working so we can perform some tests on our end.

Thank you for choosing Nitro and stay safe always!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, 

today I a the same issue that the combo box works perfected if it's created at Nitro Pro 13.58, 

I just made 2 simple Combo boxes where selection from Combo box 1 will automatically select a preset value at combo box 2.

it works perfectly at Nitro Pro , however, if I open the saved file at Adobe Reader, the 2 combo boxes does not take actions at all.

Please help

Edited by Karen Chan

• 1 year later...
Andrea Dean

I have created a fillable form in NitroPro. The calculations only function appropriately if the form is filled out in Nitro. The extended staff who need to be able to use the form with Adobe Reader are submitting forms with incorrect calculations. 

The form is skipping a single line in a subtotal in most instances. The subtotal is not rolling to the front page in some instances. Either way, the form is inconsistent and therefor unusable for the larger organization.