Download Error: This service does not have sufficient privileges

Julia Miller

Hi,

I've tried everything I can possibly think of to get Nitro Pro running on my version of Windows 10, but I get the above error message with 'Please Reinstall'. I've literally exhausted everything I can find online to fix this but nothing has worked. I have tried calling support but you must submit a ticket online. I have tried submitting a ticket without success.

I saw that someone else had this same problem and support opened a support ticket for them. Please do the same for me!

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Julia

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Julia Miller,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please send me a private message and provide the serial number of your Nitro Pro?

This matters because our business installers are different from the online ones.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• 3 weeks later...
zaby&associates

Were you able to get this resolved? I use this for business and one day, after years of using Nitro Pro, was unable to use any version of the product. Thinking it was a license issue, I bought the newest version and still am not able to use it. Because I did not buy the "support" or "VIP" version, there is nothing that I can do, as I am sitting on $160 of software and documents that I desperately need to scan in. Please give me some direction.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @zaby&associates,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Could you please check to see if Nalpeiron Licensing Service is running in the background when you try to run Nitro Pro?

To check please do the following:
1. Go to Start and type services.msc and then hit Enter.
2. Scroll down until you see Nalpeiron Licensing Service and then double-click it.
3. Check that the Startup Type: is set to Automatic and that the Service Status: is set to Running. If it isn't, click on Start button.
4. If it will not start and you see an error 1717 or 1722, scroll down to Windows Event Log in the 'Services' dialogue box > Right-click > Properties. Set it to 'Automatic' and click Start.
5. Then try starting the Nalpeiron Service again
6. Once the service is started try to run Nitro.
7. If same issue, please try disabling the antivirus program installed on your machine and test it again.

I hope this helps. Please let me know how it goes.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @zaby&associates,

Thank you for getting back to me and for providing these information.

Have you tried turning off the antivirus program on your machine? How about rebooting your machine, can you try that too?

If above didn't help, what build of Nitro Pro are you working with? You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is 12.X.X.X, e.g. 12.0.0.112) or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and please don't hesitate to reach out again if you have further questions

zaby&associates

Yes, I have tried turning off the antivirus program as well as rebooting the machine. I bought a license for the a version of Nitro Pro 12. I cannot see what version it is because the application will not open.

Please have someone reach out to give us a call on the phone number listed on our account regarding a refund for our purchase. Thank you.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @zaby&associates,

Thank you for response and patience.

To further assist you with your concern, I created a support ticket on your behalf.

I will wait for your response through the support case.

Cheers!

Archived