Copy and paste a Nitro PDF (paste/embed) in Excel

Godfadda

Our company is switching from Adobe Acrobat Pro to Nitro Pro.  With Adobe Acrobat Reader and Prop,  we can embed PDF documents in Excel that we are able to double click in Excel and still open the PDF document.  The option used is "Copy to Clipboard".

I have followed the instructions on how to copy and paste a Nitro PDF and paste in Excel, however, it will only paste as text and not a clickable embedded document.  Is there any way this can be done with Nitro PDF.  My company laptop is running Windows 10 and Nitro Pro v 12.4.0.259.  Any help is appreciated

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Godfadda,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Here are your choices when embedding a PDF document within MS Word or Excel:

1. You can 'Insert' an 'Object' with the 'Object type' set as an 'Adobe Acrobat Document' (see attached 'create from adobe.jpg'). This will embed the file in such a way that it specifically looks for Adobe when trying to extract (open) the file.

2027933356_createfromadobe.jpg.b8bd41e5d1453c1422ca2b46ee341fbf.jpg

2. Alternatively, you can click on the next tab 'Create from File', and attach the PDF that way (see attached 'create from file.jpg'). This will look for whatever default program is set to open the extension of the file, in this case a PDF. (You can still use the PDF icon, so the file type is obvious)

407937077_createfromfile.jpg.07ab9ea2c897f2f301c5d9c404930dfb.jpg

My suggestion is for you to try option 2 to meet your goal.

With regards to switching from Adobe to Nitro, how many licenses are you planning to purchase?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Thanks for the info.  This is what I am doing now.  I assume that there is no way, directly within a Nitro PDF, to simply copy to clipboard and past into an Excel file?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Godfadda,

Thanks for your response and patience.

As much as I would like to assist you with your concern, this is not yet possible at the moment. We are always looking to improve Nitro Pro that is why customer’s feedback are important to us.

If you would like to request a change in how Nitro handles copying to clipboard and pasting to Word or Excel, you can submit the request directly to our Product Team using the link: https://community.gonitro.com/forum/12-product-improvement/

While we cannot guarantee each feature request submitted will be granted, rest assured our development team will be notified through above website and all updates will be available on this page: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

Please check for updates on page above from time to time.

Cheers!

• 4 years later...
Brad Long

Has resolution to this post been made?  I performed a search on the forum and did not find any clear results.  Thanks.