Sign in to follow this  
GGAA

Review Function: Highlight in Yellow

Suggestion

GGAA

Hi!  Every so often, when I'm reviewing PDF and want to highlight some text in Yellow, the function is not active.  I select the corresponding text but nothing happens. I closed and open again the doc and the application but still is not fixing the issue.  Any ideas?

2 replies to this suggestion

Steven Zakulec

If your document doesn't have any selectable text or has restrictions on it that prevent changes, you won't be able to use the highlight tool.

You've got two options here:

Option 1 is to do OCR and pick the "Make text searchable" option- this allows you to do highlights and such without issue.  Your highlights will be on the OCR'd text, not the image text, so if the OCR was particularly bad and split up words in ways that don't line up with what's on top, your highlights could be off.
Option 2 is the do-it-yourself highlighting solution- use the shape tool to draw a rectangle around your text, set the fill color to an appropriate yellow (or another color), and figure out a transparency value that works for you, then mark those settings as the default for the shape tool.

Rik Burt

Damn it took me over an hour to figure this out.  I should have searched to forums better.  This seems ridiculous to me as this used to be a no brainer operation in Acrobat.