Using Nitro Pro 12 with ScanSnap S1500

Jay Kinmont

Jay Kinmont

I'm trying out Nitro Pro 12 and need to integrate it with my ScanSnap scanner -- i.e. when i select Create > PDF > From Scanner and get to Scan Input Settings, i need to see the scanner in the drop-down menu in order to select it and initiate the scan from with Nitro Pro. But the menu is blank; no scanner is visible.

And from the other side, when using the ScanSnap Manager software, there is a tab to Select the Application I want to use. Adobe Acrobat Standard used to appear until I uninstalled it. I need Nitro Pro to be available but it's not showing.

How can I get the two to work together (using Win 10 Home 64-bit with fresh install of all software and drivers)?

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @JayK,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

While there can be many causes as to why a scanner may not show-up or functioning, there are general troubleshooting steps you can take before investigating further:

• Under the specification ensure that the driver used for the scanner is either TWAIN or WMI.
  • Update the software/drivers or the scanner.
  • Under Devices and Printers it appears as normal.
  • Perform a test scan through another program. If there are no programs available, through the scanner itself.
  • Ensure that you're running the latest update of Nitro Pro 12 https://www.gonitro.com/support/downloads (if already running the latest version perform a repair) 

I hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...
Jay Kinmont

Well Lesli, this is a ScanSnap scanner; ScanSnap is one of the most popular scanner ranges in the world, so I'm slightly taken aback that you, Nitro Pro, aren't up on its ins and outs? ScanSnap is not TWAIN. So a generic set of steps as posted above is a bit of a ... (well, YOU know LOL)

Could a skilled user, someone adept with ScanSnap, perhaps say if there is a solution so I could access and initiate the scanner from within Nitro Pro?  Many thanks.

Archived