Nitro Pro 12 Error -80 Windows Server 2012 After Install

Andrew.Smith

Andrew.Smith

I am getting an error for Nitro Pro 12 after trying to execute the program on a Windows server 2012. The error code is -80. Is there any support for servers for your product? I have searched Google and have found a few references of other users having similar issues but no response was given on the forums here.

Thanks,

Andrew

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Andrew.Smith,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Could you please provide details to the following so we can further check this issue?:
Note: Please send your response through private message so we can keep the serial number in private. 

• Nitro Pro 12 serial number you used to activate the software. 
• Exact build of Nitro Pro 12 installed on the server (Help tab > About Nitro Pro. ex: Nitro Pro 12.x.x.x)
• Are your servers virtual, hosted in Cloud, or Azure?
• Is this a fresh install or it used to work before?

Kind regards, 

Andrew.Smith

I can only install the application, once I run the executable from the Desktop or in the Program files its pops up an unknown error box with error code "-80". That is all the futher I can get, this is a fresh install of Nitro Pro 12 just downloaded yesterday from the downlaod page. I tired the offline installer and online install. I also tried version 11 pro same results. 

Does the application load before activation? I imagine it should popup a activation box or something. Nothing loads other than the -80 error.

This is a virtual machine btw Azure.

Is there any known prerequisites to run Nitro Pro 12?

Thanks,

Andrew

Andrew.Smith

Still no go, application must require additional software the server does not seem to have. I have read the Nitro docs for business and enterprise MSI's, still no go on even getting the app to open after install. No matter what I do its always a -80. There is nothing in the event logs showing what this error is, and when Googled others have same issue but no answer was given to them either.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Damian Griffiths
On 3/14/2019 at 3:00 AM, Reymund G. said:

Hi @Andrew.Smith,

I have responded to your private message regarding machines virtually hosted in Azure. 

Kind regards,

Hi,

I am experiencing the same issue/error installing Nitro Pro 12 on Win 2019 server in Azure.  Are you able to give me details of your reply?  Thanks.

• 1 year later...
Innovations Helpdesk

Hi, I am having the same problem, migrating servers from locally hosted server 2012 to server 2019 in Azure trying to install Nitro Pro 12. I am receiving 'Unknown Error #: -80' when trying to launch the application and '-80:Error - License read failure' if I try to launch ControlActivation.exe. I have my License/Serial number, please advise on how to proceed.

Thanks,

Joseph

• Official Nitronaut

Hi @Innovations Helpdesk

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Please provide which version of Nitro PDF Pro is installed on the server and your serial number. The Nitro Pro version can be located under the Help tab > About Nitro Pro. 

Kind regards,

Innovations Helpdesk

Hi Reymund,

I am unable to launch the application to go to the Help tab, however control panel programs shows the version is 12.16.3.574. My Serial number is 234600-xxxxxx-966294 .

Kind regards,

Edited by AllainU

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Innovations Helpdesk,

Please install the latest build of Nitro PDF Pro 12 (12.16.9.574) then activate it using your existing version 12 serial number. 

The installer can be located from the following location: 

https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads - Click the 'Download Nitro Pro 12' link (not the Nitro Pro 13 link)

Try to uninstall first the existing installation then install Nitro PDF Pro 12.16.9.574. After that, please check if you can proceed with the activation. 

Kind regards,