When I print the document, the text I typed in doesn't appear

Emma

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Emma,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Are you printing to a physical printer? If yes, does it have the latest software and drivers? If not, kindly first update its driver and software as this is the common cause on this issue.

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and let me know if this helps!

Thank you for your reply, I don't know how to get the latest software and drivers for my printer, could you help me with that too please ? I got a Canon MX870.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Emma,

Thanks for your response and patience.

To get the latest software and driver of your Canon MX870 printer, please visit this page:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mx-series/pixma-mx870?tab=drivers_downloads

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and I hope this helps!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Emma,

Thanks for your response and patience.

I recommend that you repair your Nitro Pro via the Control Panel > Programs and Features. Please reboot your computer before and after running this repair to ensure that there are no ties to Nitro still active in the background. You may refer to this article: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/repair/000001641

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Emma,

Let us try some troubleshooting by referring to these steps:
1. Clear the content of the directory under C:\users\your_username\Appdata\local\temp. For whatever reason, not all temp files automatically remove themselves and is NOT usually caused by Nitro Pro files.
2. Download and run our Clean Up utility to uninstall your Nitro Pro: http://install.nitropdf.com/support/downloads/cleanup.zip

NOTE: This clean-up tool will erase any existing signature files within Nitro so please save them to another location before using the clean-up tool in order to keep them. Please see this link for backing up custom stamps/signatures: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/stamps/000001686

3. Please clear all your downloads folder or delete all downloaded Nitro installers. This step is important because we noticed that if you are saving all the installers and you download them in the same folder (like the downloads folder), the EXE can pick up any MSI installed in that folder and you may pick-up one of the older builds instead of the newly downloaded package.
4. Download and install Nitro Pro 12.12.1.522 from this page: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

5. After installation, you can activate by opening Nitro Pro, clicking on the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activation and entering your serial number.

If updating to the latest build didn't help and in order for me to further assist you, could you please provide the following?:
-Any changes on your machine you are aware of before this happened?
-A copy of the file (with sensitive information extracted) you are working with so I can do some test printing on my end using my Canon Pixma G2000

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Edited by AllainU

• 1 month later...

The last set of instructions above fixed this same problem for me. The prior steps were more like template help desk stuff that does not do any good (IMHO). I had done a full reinstall and the issue was not resolved until I followed the last set of instructions.

FYI, I am under version 11.08 and these instructions fixed the issue on this version without having to pay to upgrade to 12.

Hello,

I uninstalled Nitro but the link to re-download it don't work. Not sure what to do anymore, I feel like giving up and get something else...

Thanks

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Emma,

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience this issue has caused. 

Kind try installing Nitro Pro 12.12 using below offline installers instead:

x32 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_12121522/en/retail/nitro_pro12_ba_x86.msi
x64 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_12121522/en/retail/nitro_pro12_ba_x64.msi

If you are not sure which to pick, this will help: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/64/000001874

After installation, you can activate by opening Nitro Pro, clicking on the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activation and entering your serial number.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Emma,

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience this issue has caused. 

To further assist you with your concern, I created a support ticket on your behalf.

I will wait for your response through the support case.

Cheers!

John Flanders

I have a .pdf with data I've entered into the fillable fields that I cannot get to print with all of the data in the field.  I had the same problem with Nitro Pro 9, so I spent the money and upgraded to NP12 in hopes it would work better.  It doesn't.  What do I need to do to get the file to print out properly, including all of the data in the fillable fields?  I've also tried to convert this .pdf to a Word doc and NONE of the data I've entered into the .pdf fillable fields gets converted.  None.  

There are millions of .pdf's out there will fillable fields and millions of these have to be printed at some point.  What is the answer to getting these converted to Word files and/or printed out with ALL of the data that has been entered into the fillable fields intact?  Thank you. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @John Flanders,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please send me a private message and provide the following?:
-The serial number of your Nitro Pro. This matters because our business installers are different from the online ones.
-Nitro Pro build (format is 12.X.X.X, e.g. 12.0.0.112) you are working with. You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.
-Does this happen with every file? If it is a single file, please send us the sample file (with sensitive information extracted) so I can replicate it on my end. To send me the sample file, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.
-Are you printing to PDF or to a physical printer? If physical printer, is it physically connected to your machine or it is a network/shared printer? Does it have the latest software / driver installed? What is the make / model of your printer?

• 7 months later...

I had this issue as well. The problem is the default print setting is the "Document", whereas is needs to be set to "Document & Markups" to print your typed text. Not sure why support wasnt able to tell everyone that.
When you go into the print screen, just under the printer name, there is a dropdown section called "print" - You would want to change it from "Document" to "Document & Markup." This is what will make it print with the rest of your document.

• 1 month later...

I have had the same problem but not in a form.  When you insert text it shows up but will not print nor does it show in print preview.  Using the Document and Markup in the print box seems to do nothing except bring me back to the document. 

After much research, I found the answer.  It seems when you add text it defaults to the "annotation layer" which does not print.  I found after much confusion, that you have to hit Control-click to get into the printable text layer mode.   After a few failed attempts to do that, I finally got it to work.  Not sure what the magic was but have to first start by doing Ctl-Click or it will be non-printed annotation using an HP577 page wide printer.

Edited by Dave in Phoenix