Nitro Pro no longer working

Merzman47

1 hour ago, AllainU said:

.My NitroPro 11 no longer works properly.  I have spent HOURs uninstalling and re-installing it.  I believe the problem is that Nitro says I have activated it 2 times and have 0 activations left.  DE-ACtivating it doesn't help at all.  How can I increase my activations (for the same software - Nitro Pro 11) ?   Nitro support is worst I've ever seen for any software in over 30 years of PC use -- no email support, no phone numbers, no help unless I send in Another $50 for premium support.   I shouldn't have to pay to fix software I've already purchased and have had less than one year!   Please advise  (serial # 23460x-xxxxxx-xxxxxx) 

specific problem is that NitroPro creates a PDF, but can't find it (shortcut no good) when I try to look at it and print it.   Have reinstalled several times and program works for a short time (hour or two) and later stops working correctly. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Merzman47,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums and my apologies for the inconvenience you're experiencing.

Please be aware that as much as we would like to provide phone support, our ticketing system (with email support) is the fastest way we can communicate with our customers if you have Nitro VIP Access (formerly Software Assurance). Otherwise, we recommend utilizing our Knowledge Base site http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase and to post your inquiry to our Community Forums https://community.gonitro.com/ (a page where other customers and Nitro Support team can collaborate and share solutions).

In order for me to further assist you, could you please provide me with the following?:
-Nitro Pro was able to create PDF but you can't find where it is saved? Please explain it further for clarity.
-What build of Nitro Pro are you working with? You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is 11.X.X.X, e.g. 11.0.7.411) or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.
-A screen shot of the error message you are receiving and/or any important information. To find out how to take a screen shot, check out this link: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/screenshot/000001980

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Thank you for trying to help Allain.

Answers to your questions:

1.  Nitro Pro was able to create PDF but you can't find where it is saved? Please explain it further for clarity.   I do a PRINT for an internet/website document that I want to save, and save it to NitroPro 11 rather than my printer.   All seems to work fine until later when I want to look at it or physically print it, the document no longer appears in "Recent Documents".  When I search my computer for it I can usually find it in windows explorer, but when I click on it, I'm told windows can't find the document and is searching for it (for ever).

2.  What build of Nitro Pro are you working with? You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is 11.X.X.X, e.g. 11.0.7.411) or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.:    11.0.8.470    Was created using the 64-bit msi from Nitro's site after first un-installing all previous Nitro Pro software using the cleanup tool.  

3.  A screen shot of the error message you are receiving and/or any important information.   Would be happy to do so but your gonitro.com website doesn't let me upload files.  Give me an email address and I'll email a JPG  of the error message.

Important to note that I previously used version 11.0.8.425 without problems.  A few weeks ago I erroneously thought I 'd get a free update to Nitro Pro 12 as I had the Nitro 11 less than one year.  Unfortunately the Nitro 12 software installed as a trial version and wiped out my purchased  version of 11.0.8.425  (might have be 11.0.7.425 rather than 8.425, not sure).  I didn't want a trial version or to have to buy an entirely new version after 11 months of use.  I uninstalled Nitro 12 and re-installed my original version 11 from 2018.  Didn't work correctly (same problem with not saving files to recent pDF docs and not finding shortcut.   One of the screens still showed Nitro Pro 12 (I have a JPG I can send you showing a tab with Nitro 11 Properties but showing Nitro 12 on the tab ?!? 

Original version WAS 11.07.425.    I (again) uninstalled the 11.0.8.470 today and installed the original 11.0.7.425 I originally received.   No joy.  Now this version won't create P
DFs either.  Nitro's support tools program shows I'm missing pieces of the PDF Creator.   Please send me an email address where I can attach the Nitro Support Tools report and screenshots.   Does not seem to be any way to insert attachments on this website.

Allain -

Just to re-iterate what I believe is the problem:   I mistakenly downloaded NitroPro 12 (trial version) thinking it was a free upgrade to my version 11.   I uninstalled it using Windows 7 Control Panel uninstall and re-installed a later version of NitroPro 11 that was on the Nitro website.   Program did NOT work correctly.  I later got a more powerful uninstaller (IOBit ) to uninstall files that were not removed by either Windows Control Panel or the Nitro "cleaner".  Have not gotten this to work right since.   I've worked PCs for over 30 years and have beforethis been usually able to fix problems by uninstalling and re-installing the software.  This is the first failure I can remember.

Please advise if you have a better "uninstaller" to use and a better NitroPro11 file for me to use (64-bit Windows 7 Prof).    Thank you for your help

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Merzman47,

Thanks for your patience and my apologies for my delayed response.

Upon checking the Support Tool log, I can see the logging is enabled. To turn this off, kindly un-check the box as shown below:

Turn-off-logging.png.84dba457bf88d1e796fbdecef791bc06.png

Once done, please uninstall your Nitro Pro 11.0.7.425 using our Clean-up Tool: kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/clean/000003054

Then reinstall Nitro Pro 11.0.8.470 using below offline link: http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_1108470/en/burn/nitro_pro11_ba_x64.msi

After installation, you can activate by opening Nitro Pro, clicking on the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activation and entering your serial number.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Allain -

Thanks again for your help.   I followed your directions above.  Only glitch I had was that my BitDefender 2018 antivirus would not let the cleanup tool's vbs files run.  I disabled all of my Bitdefender functions, and was able to successfully run the cleanup/uninstall.  I then downloaded and ran the 11.0.8.470 "msi" file you recommended.

However --- I am STILL unable to create PDFs.   Problem seems to be with the PDF creator as per the below part of the post-installation Nitro Pro Support Tool report.   Please note  the missing pieces.

Looking forward to any ideas on how to fix this.   If you need me to email you any files please provide another email that I can attach files to.

John

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[PRODUCT]
Product:            Nitro Pro (11.0.8.470) x64
License Status:        -
Logging:        Disabled
Printer:        ok

[SYSTEM]
Operating System:        Windows 7 Professional 6.1 Service Pack 1 7601
Architecture:        64-bit
System Memory:        15.9 GB
Current Locale:        English (United States)
Current Resolution:        1920x1080
Current DPI:        96
Current Colors:        32 bpp
MDAC Version:        2.32
.NET Framework:        v2.0.50727 (SP 2)
.NET Framework:        v3.0 (SP 2)
.NET Framework:        v3.5 (SP 1)
.NET Framework:        v4 (Client 4.7.03062)
.NET Framework:        v4 (Full 4.7.03062)
.NET Framework:        v4.0 (Client 4.0.0.0)
Windows Installer:        5.0.7601.24349

[USERS]
User Type:        User
My Documents Folder:        C:\Users\John\Documents\    (writing allowed)
My Pictures Folder:        C:\Users\John\Pictures\    (writing allowed)
User Temp Folder:        C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Temp\NitroPDF\nitroSession5792    (writing allowed)
User App Data Folder:        C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\    (writing allowed)
Nitro Framework Data Folder:        C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Nitro\NitroFramework\Nitro\Pro\    (missing)
Spool Folder:        C:\Windows\system32\spool\PRINTERS\    (writing allowed)
Log File Path:        C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Nitro\Pro\11.0\NitroLog.txt
Log File Path:        C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Nitro\Pro\11.0\NitroPluginLog.txt

[APPLICATIONS]
Microsoft Office:        Word (desktop) (15.0.5101.0) x64
Microsoft Office Document Imaging (Object Model):        -
Adobe Acrobat:        
Internet Explorer:        Internet Explorer (11.0.9600.19301) x64
Anti-Virus:        Bitdefender Antivirus Plus
Anti-Virus:        Bitdefender Agent

[FILE ASSOCIATIONS]
.doc:        Word (desktop)
.xls:        Excel (desktop)
.ppt:        PowerPoint (desktop)
.docx:        Word (desktop)
.xlsx:        Excel (desktop)
.pptx:        PowerPoint (desktop)
.pub:        Publisher (desktop)

[FILE LOCATIONS]
Nitro PDF Creator Data Folder:        C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Nitro\Pro\    (writing allowed)
Nitro PDF Creator Folder:        C:\Program Files\Nitro\Pro 11\    (writing not allowed)
Nitro PDF Spool Folder:        C:\Users\John\AppData\LocalLow\Nitro\Pro\11.0\PsDir\

[PRINTERS]
Send To OneNote 2013     - local
Nitro PDF Creator (Pro 11)     - local
Microsoft XPS Document Writer     - local
Fax     - local
EPSONC60765 (WF-4730 Series)     - local
EPSON WF-4730 Series (w IP Address)     - local

[SCANNERS]
WSD Scan Device (WIA)

[FONTS]   (skipped print to save space 293 fonts)

[ZIP]
NitroLog.txt:        missing
NitroPluginLog.txt:        missing
NitroPDFApp.cnf:        missing
AddinSetupTool.txt:        missing
11.ps:        ok
12.ps:        ok
13.ps:        ok
2.ps:        ok
3.ps:        ok
4.ps:        ok
5.ps:        ok
6.ps:        ok
7.ps:        ok
9.ps:        ok
NitroIAPLog.txt:        missing
NitroWebPluginLog.txt:        missing

[Microsoft Office Add-ins]
Word Add-in (COM):        ok
Word Add-in (Office):        ok
Excel Add-in (COM):        ok
Excel Add-in (Office):        ok
Powerpoint Add-in (COM):        ok
Powerpoint Add-in (Office):        ok
Outlook Add-in (COM):        ok
Outlook Add-in (Office):        ok

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Merzman47,

Thanks for your response and patience.

To further assist you with your concern, I created a support ticket on your behalf.

I will wait for your response through the support case.

Cheers!

Archived