Quicksign - no apply button, signature not stamping in

Mark Simmons

Mark Simmons

Hello,

I have just done a fresh installation of Nitro pro 12 and want to use the quicksign feature to stamp a signature into a pdf. This is a feature I have used over many years.

Usually when you click the Quicksign button, you get a picture of your signature, surrounded by a red box, with a little "Apply" button in the top right-hand corner. I am not seeing the apply button and double clicking or right clicking also does nothing.

Once you switch to another tool the signature stays in position and gets a blue box around it - so can't be moved, but it is also not embedded / stamped fully into the document - still allowing it to be copied / extracted - which is exactly what I don't want.

I even  tried protecting the pdf - everything else was greyed out, unusable, but you could still right-click on the signature and copy or extract it!

I used other stamps - the flatten all option appears in the right-click menu and they become part of the background, uneditable, but the signature remains stubbornly unchanged.

Does anyone have a good idea how to solve this?

Regards

Mark

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Mark Simmons,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

I recommend that you repair your Nitro Pro via the Control Panel > Programs and Features. Please reboot your computer before and after running this repair to ensure that there are no ties to Nitro still active in the background. You may refer to this article: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/repair/000001641

If repairing didn't help, could you please send me a private message and provide the following?:
-The serial number of your Nitro Pro. This matters because our business installers are different from the online ones.
-Nitro Pro build (format is 12.X.X.X, e.g. 12.0.0.112) you're working with. You can find these out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Mark Simmons,

Thanks for sending those information via direct message.

Upon checking my resources, please be informed that Nitro has included re-sizing feature when using QuickSign signature in Nitro Pro 12.

Nitro Pro now enables users to re-size a QuickSign signature any time before the document is saved.

This is the new behavior of QuickSign where Apply button has been removed and for you to flatten it, you need to save the document.

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and please do not hesitate to reach out again if you have further questions

Mark Simmons
7 minutes ago, AllainU said:

Hello @Mark Simmons,

Thanks for sending those information via direct message.

Upon checking my resources, please be informed that Nitro has included re-sizing feature when using QuickSign signature in Nitro Pro 12.

Nitro Pro now enables users to re-size a QuickSign signature any time before the document is saved.

This is the new behavior of QuickSign where Apply button has been removed and for you to flatten it, you need to save the document.

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and please do not hesitate to reach out again if you have further questions

Sorry @AllainU that isn't correct.

As you will see from the pdf file I PMd - which is clearly saved, the signature is in fact still editable - you can select it and copy it or extract it - and paste it into any other program - e.g. word, which is totally not how this is supposed to work. Previously I was able to resize until I selected the Apply button at which point the signature was embedded into the document and could no longer be changed or moved.

Archived