Jump to content
SK USNational

Activation on new device - Old device is no longer accessible

Recommended Posts

SK USNational

Hi There,

My serial # is 2****************0

It says that I have activated Nitro on two devices which has been true but the device I am replacing is no longer accessible so I can't "deactivate" it as the system suggests in trying to re-install Nitro on my new device.

I am not sure what the best way to go about working around this... How do I get it deactivated when it isn't accessible? I don't want to deactivate it from the other device that I have it on because that device still works.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Edited by Leslie V.
Confidential information edited

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leslie V.

Hello @SK USNational,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

I released your key so you can reactivate. Can you please try again? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SK USNational

Leslie,

It was seemingly going to work, however, it says that I am using a serial number from an older version and it is preventing me from installing. This serial number is from Nitro Pro 10. I am completely comfortable saying on version 10 but I am not sure how to go about downloading version 10.

Can you either grant permission for this serial number to work for the newest version or tell me how to go about downloading Nitro Pro 10 so I can get this to work?

Thank you so much for your help.

 

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leslie V.

Hello @SK USNational,

You can get Nitro Pro 10 installers from here .

Hope that helps!

 

Edited by Leslie V.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SK USNational

Leslie... I can't remember my login information. And the link you sent me is prompting me to login online.

I have access to my other device that has Nitro Pro 10 installed. Is there anywhere where I can identify what email address I used to get this thing set up? Or how do I find what my login information is so that I can get login online on my new device and download version 10?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tothjerry1@gmail.com

Dear Leslie:

My serial number Nitro knows. 

I lost my old computer.  I am trying to install the wonderful program of Nitro on a new devices.

Could you please supply me the link to reactivate Nitro on a new device?  

Thank you,  Jerry Toth

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leslie V.
11 hours ago, tothjerry1@gmail.com said:

Dear Leslie:

My serial number Nitro knows. 

I lost my old computer.  I am trying to install the wonderful program of Nitro on a new devices.

Could you please supply me the link to reactivate Nitro on a new device?  

Thank you,  Jerry Toth

 

1

Hello Jerry,

I cannot locate your account either. I was unable to find a serial number using the email address that you provided. I will only be able to locate your serial number if you purchased Nitro Pro from our website. If you purchased Nitro Pro from our website please provide us with the following information so we can look up your account.

1.    First and last name of purchaser
2.    Email address used purchase Nitro
3.    Order reference number

If you did not purchase Nitro from our website and have the CD your serial number will be located on the back of the CD sleeve. It may be labelled as Activation Code.
(Please keep in mind that if you purchased Nitro from a re-seller we will not have the information on our systems)

Cheers!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tothjerry1@gmail.com

Dear Leslie:

My email address to purchase was tothjg@gmail.com. 

My license is 23460x-xxxxxx-xxxxxx.   

Before you became a Nitronaut, you helped me on previous occasions.

Thank you once again.

Best,  Jerry Toth

Edited by AllainU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WCW

Hi Leslie,

I recently purchased a new computer, but am having trouble deactivating my old computer and activating my new one.  Can you help provide a little direction on the process to accomplish this?

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leslie V.
On 4/5/2019 at 10:35 PM, tothjerry1@gmail.com said:

Dear Leslie:

My email address to purchase was tothjg@gmail.com. 

My license is 23460x-xxxxxx-xxxxxx.   

Before you became a Nitronaut, you helped me on previous occasions.

Thank you once again.

Best,  Jerry Toth

 

Hello Jerry,

Nice to hear from you again!

Your serial number is for Nitro Pro 6, and you can get the installers from this page: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/answers/Nitro Pro/000001632

Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leslie V.
On 4/6/2019 at 2:39 AM, WCW said:

Hi Leslie,

I recently purchased a new computer, but am having trouble deactivating my old computer and activating my new one.  Can you help provide a little direction on the process to accomplish this?

Thanks.

Hello @WCW,

Your key is for Nitro Pro 11, you can get the installers from here: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

After installing Nitro Pro 11, you can activate by opening Nitro, click on the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate and enter your Nitro Pro 11 serial number.

In the future, if you would like to move your license to a new computer, or plan on reformatting your computer, I suggest you deactivate first by click on:

Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate > Deactivate

This will allow you to reactivate again.

I hope that helps! Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tothjerry1@gmail.com

Dear Leslie Nitronaut:

Thank you for the link.  Nevertheless I did not find the Way.

Am not succeeding to activate my serial number,    23460x-xxxxxx-xxxxxx.

Could you please supply me not a general link but an extremely simple specific link to reactivate my license?

Best,  Jerry Toth

Background:

When I try to activate, I receive an instruction I do not understand to "deactivate"  (opposite of what I want to do):

Once you click “Deactivate”, you can activate your license immediately by entering the below serial number into Nitro Pro.

Serial Number

23460x-xxxxxx-xxxxxx

Version

6

Status

active

Number of Activations

0

Number of Activations Allowed

2

Deactivate

Edited by AllainU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SK USNational

Leslie,

I used the 64-bit hyperlink that you sent over. It allowed me to download the Nitro PDF 10. My issue finalizing the download seems to have changed again, however, and when I enter the serial number it is telling me that I already have two activations. As a quick recap to why I opened this thread in the first place -- I cannot deactivate the software from my old device as my old device is broken -- Can you please grant the permissions that I need to download my second activation to my new device? When I enter the installation ID and my serial number it is still telling me there are already two downloads.

Please advise.

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SK USNational

It also says there's an issue with the "activation certificate"

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leslie V.
17 hours ago, tothjerry1@gmail.com said:

Dear Leslie Nitronaut:

Thank you for the link.  Nevertheless I did not find the Way.

Am not succeeding to activate my serial number,    23460x-xxxxxx-xxxxxx.

Could you please supply me not a general link but an extremely simple specific link to reactivate my license?

Best,  Jerry Toth

Background:

When I try to activate, I receive an instruction I do not understand to "deactivate"  (opposite of what I want to do):

Once you click “Deactivate”, you can activate your license immediately by entering the below serial number into Nitro Pro.

Serial Number

23460x-xxxxxx-xxxxxx

Version

6

Status

active

Number of Activations

0

Number of Activations Allowed

2

Deactivate

Hi Jerry,

You can run a cleanup and do a fresh reinstall.

Please use the tool I have provided below to remove all files associated with Nitro Pro and reboot your system.

http://install.nitropdf.com/support/downloads/cleanup.zip

When your system is back up, close all of your open applications and install Nitro Pro 6 from here .

After installing, you can activate again by going to Help >> About Nitro Pro >> Activate.

Hope that helps!
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leslie V.
10 hours ago, SK USNational said:

Leslie,

I used the 64-bit hyperlink that you sent over. It allowed me to download the Nitro PDF 10. My issue finalizing the download seems to have changed again, however, and when I enter the serial number it is telling me that I already have two activations. As a quick recap to why I opened this thread in the first place -- I cannot deactivate the software from my old device as my old device is broken -- Can you please grant the permissions that I need to download my second activation to my new device? When I enter the installation ID and my serial number it is still telling me there are already two downloads.

Please advise.

 

 

 

 

 

Hi @SK USNational,

I sent you a direct message.
Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.