printing issue from windows file explorer

Haris

Hi

My client is using Nitro Pro version 12.10.1.487

When he try to print from file explorer, by right click on the pdf file and select print, he get's the following error message

Nitro Pro has failed to print the document '<filename>' to printer '(null)'.

I check the control panel, there is default printer is set already, at the moment when he try to print pdf, he has to open the pdf on nitro and print them one by one

Can you tell me if there is setting on Nitro that I need to set to get this working so my client can print multiple pdf from file explorer by right click on the file and select print.

My client is using windows 7 pro 64 bit.

Thank you.

Regards

- Haris -

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Haris,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

A few questions:

• Can you please let us know what printer the client is using? What is the brand and model? And is it using PCL drivers?
  • Did this used to work properly?
  • Do you have other computers using a different OS like Windows 8 or 10? Does it work properly on their machines?
  • Have you tried reinstalling/cleanup/repair and are the printer drivers up to date?

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Leslie,

Sorry for late reply.

We have HP laser printer connected on SBS server and the clients are using windows 7 pro and windows 10 pro. so the client's pc are using network printer via sbs.

we use HP PCL 5 driver.

There is no issue when printing from other application, so the printer works. They also can print from adobe acrobat from windows file explorer -> right click on pdf file and print.

They have issue after using Nitro Pro ver 12 to replace adobe acrobat, when they do the same thing when printing form windows file explorer.

Yes, I test on both windows 7 and windows 10 has the same problem with Nitro.

Can you elaborate, what do you mean by reinstalling/cleanup/repair printer driver? on windows?, they don't have issue with other applications only Nitro.

I look forward for your reply

Thank you.

Regards

- Haris -