Error - Converting from PDF to Word and Excel

Srinath

Hello

I am consistently encountering the following error when converting from PDF to Word - "File conversion has failed due to invalid content that could not be read" and when converting from PDF to Excel - "File conversion has failed due to an internal error:.

This has happened for several different files. I have tried repairing Nitro as well as closing down and rebooting the computer.

I am using Nitro Pro version 11.0.8.470 and have Excel 2010 and Word 2010.

Could someone from nitro please get in touch with me as the conversion feature was one of the main reasons I purchased this product.

Thanks

Srinath

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Srinath,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Do you have another machine with Nitro Pro 11.0.8.470 with newer version of MS Office (like 2013 and 2016)?

I asked because after checking my resources, MS Office 2010 is no longer supported therefore no fixes or tests will be conducted to address any issues with how Nitro Pro 11 is processing documents from Office 2010. You may want to check Technical Specifications Nitro Pro 11 in this article:
http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/system requirements/000001670

If you have newer versions of MS Office and you're still experiencing the same errors, please send us few sample files (with sensitive information extracted) so I can replicate it on my end. To send me the sample file, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• 4 weeks later...
Daniele Mariotti

Hello

Since this morning when converting Word and Excel files to PDF The result is a page full of lines without text

On my computer is installed Office 2010 and the version of NITRO is PRO12

Yesterday I had to reactivate my version of MS Windows Pro 10 The problem could be this?

Can someone help me

Thank you

agreste69

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @agreste69,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

I recommend that you repair your Nitro Pro (via Start or Windows button > Control Panel > Programs and Features > Uninstall a Program if you have Windows 7, 8 or 8.1). Please reboot your computer before and after running this repair to ensure that there are no ties to Nitro still active in the background. You may refer to this article: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/repair/000001641

If repairing did not help and in order for me to further assist you with your concern, are you converting MS Office 2010 Word and Excel files to PDF?

If yes, what is workflow when doing this? Is by opening the document in MS Word > Nitro Pro Addin > clicking Create PDF button?

Also, what build of Nitro Pro are you working with? You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is 12.X.X.X, e.g. 12.0.0.112) or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.