Quick Access Toolbar Customization

-mosjef-

I keep customizing the Quick Access Toolbar in Nitro Pro (as I do in all my office apps).  HOWEVER, Nitro seems to reset back to the default buttons on the toolbar upon reboot.  WHY?

• I agree 3

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @-mosjef-,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Please note we're investigating this issue internally with our product team and we'll provide an update once it is available.

As a work-around, kindly reconfigure your QAT shortcuts and below information will help you with re-importing them when the problem happens in the future.

1. Open Registry through Run > regedit.
2. Make sure to save a backup before making any change by referring to this article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/322756/how-to-back-up-and-restore-the-registry-in-windows

3. The location were QAT shortcuts are saved in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Nitro\Pro\X.0\Settings\QAT where X is the version of your Nitro Pro. You'll see all the buttons you've added to the Quick Access Toolbar there.
4. To export this, right-click on the QAT folder, and choose Export. Give it a name, make sure that Selected Branch is selected, and save it to your Desktop for ease of access.
5. If the QAT shortcuts reverted to default, double-click on the registry backup on your Desktop, and choose Yes. It will replace whatever is there with the values from the file. Make sure Nitro is closed when you do this.
6. Re-open Nitro Pro to test your QAT shortcuts.

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and I hope this helps!

• 6 months later...

I do too.  I update my saved QAT registry if I make any updates.  The instructions are a quick fix to restore, but one that really shouldn't be needed...

• 3 weeks later...

I started having this problem when I updated from ver. 12 to 13. Since I started using Nitro Pro at ver. 12, this was the first major update for me. After examining the Registry, I saw that there was a folder for 12 and one for 13.  HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Nitro>Pro>12. After backing up the 12 folder, I deleted it. I have not had the issue with the Quick Access Toolbar reverting to the default settings since I deleted the 12 folder. So far there haven't been any other issues crop up after deleting this folder. I think Nitro Pro was randomly accessing the QAT in the 12 folder which had the defaults set. If you have multiple ver. folders in the registry, try deleting all but the current version. Be sure to back up these folders so you can restore them if something goes wonky. I will update this post if anything changes.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Raymond Blacketer

A year and a half after Nitro said they were investigating this problem, it's still happening. This is not impressive. I have been using Nitro for a long time, but my level of satisfaction is declining.

• 3 months later...
Keeley Karatinos

Nitro's failure to address this issue is unacceptable. Can we get an update to fix the bug, which -mosjef- brought to Nitro's attention nearly 2 years ago? The work around was offered in the vain of a temporary band-aid. Fix it already. How many more annoyed customers do you need to comment on this thread?

On 4/11/2019 at 4:02 PM, AllainU said:

Hello @-mosjef-,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Please note we're investigating this issue internally with our product team and we'll provide an update once it is available.

As a work-around, kindly reconfigure your QAT shortcuts and below information will help you with re-importing them when the problem happens in the future.

1. Open Registry through Run > regedit.
2. Make sure to save a backup before making any change by referring to this article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/322756/how-to-back-up-and-restore-the-registry-in-windows

3. The location were QAT shortcuts are saved in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Nitro\Pro\X.0\Settings\QAT where X is the version of your Nitro Pro. You'll see all the buttons you've added to the Quick Access Toolbar there.
4. To export this, right-click on the QAT folder, and choose Export. Give it a name, make sure that Selected Branch is selected, and save it to your Desktop for ease of access.
5. If the QAT shortcuts reverted to default, double-click on the registry backup on your Desktop, and choose Yes. It will replace whatever is there with the values from the file. Make sure Nitro is closed when you do this.
6. Re-open Nitro Pro to test your QAT shortcuts.

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and I hope this helps!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello Everyone,

Kindly note that this issue has been addressed upon the released of Nitro Pro 13.19.2.356.

If you are interested in upgrading your license to Nitro Pro 13 with a discounted rate, kindly access our Upgrade Portal and enter your Nitro Pro serial number: https://www.gonitro.com/pro/upgrade 

To know more about some enhancements and fixes with Nitro Pro 13, please visit our Release Notes page https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/release-notes

In addition to that and many other feature improvements, version 13 also contains some important security vulnerabilities fixes that you might want to consider when deciding whether to upgrade to it or not. You can find out more about these fixes here:  https://www.gonitro.com/nps/security/updates 

If by any chance you received an error while validating your serial number in our Upgrade Portal, feel free to send me your license number (hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message') so I can check its current status in our licensing server.

Thank you for choosing Nitro and our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.