Nitro Pro v11 keep upgrading to v12 unlicensed

wilsymonds

So we have a license for Nitro Pro 11. It updated to Nitro Pro 12 and prompted for a Serial Number. I put in my serial number and it tells me that my number won't work for twelve. I've uninstalled 12 and reinstalled 11, but it keeps auto updating. So how do I prevent it from auto updating? Or is there some sort of free upgrade that's breaking?

Thank you!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @wilsymonds,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

I sent you a private message to ask for more information.

Cheers!

I have a user that is having the same issue. We are only licensed for version 11 but his keeps auto-updating to 12. We already had to uninstall version 12 and install 11 once and it has now done it a second time. Any assistance you can offer here?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Billc,

For me to further assist you, could you please send me a private message with your Nitro Pro 11 serial number?

This information will allow me to check its status on our end.

Cheers!

@Billc
 they told me to uninstall, restart and reinstall. I did it on Friday and I'm waiting to see what happens with it. It seems to happen every few days, so I'll see if it happens this week.

21 hours ago, wilsymonds said:

@Billc
 they told me to uninstall, restart and reinstall. I did it on Friday and I'm waiting to see what happens with it. It seems to happen every few days, so I'll see if it happens this week.

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled once and it happened again after that. I did not restart in between though.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Billc,

Thanks for providing the serial number.

I sent you a private message to give you more information about this issue.

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and I hope this helps!

On 8/16/2018 at 3:33 AM, AllainU said:

Hello @Billc,

Thanks for providing the serial number.

I sent you a private message to give you more information about this issue.

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and I hope this helps!

Hi AllainU,

Whilst trying not to hijack someone elses thread, would you be able to do the same for myself too please? We are having the same issue where Nitro is forcibly updating to 12 and rendering the product unusable, reinstalling so often isn't really a viable solution unfortunately.

Many thanks.

Edited by AllainU

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @JuuIt,

So that I can further assist you, kindly send me a private message and provide your Nitro Pro 11 serial number.

I need this information so I could check it status on our end.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

hi @AllainU

i got the same problem too,

my Nitro in version 11 and suddenly got automatic upgrade to version 12, 

i did reinstall - restart since 2 weeks ago, do you have any solutions for this?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @wiwinme,

I just sent you a private message to further assist you with your concern.

Cheers!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @wilsymonds,

Thanks for this feedback.

Could you please provide more information about this 'Shavlek'?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

@AllainU

Yeah. I spelled it wrong, it's actually Shavlik. It's a patching software. It scans our computers and will push out updates to computers and the software therein it finds that need updating. We're waiting to see if that is actually what caused it, but a colleague said that Nitro Pro was a listed program to keep updated.

• 7 months later...

I use Nitro Pro version 11 and have no plans on upgrading to v12 currently.  Three times I have gone to use Nitro Pro and it pops up my demo license for v12 has expired.  I have to UNinstall the v12 that was installed and then reinstall v11.

What can be done to STOP this behavior?

Edited by Parnell
typo

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Parnell,

Do you have Shalvik installed on your machine?

As per previous forum posts, this is a patching software that scans computers and will update every application that needs updating.

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and please don't hesitate to reach out again if you have further questions.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Parnell,

Thanks for providing this information.

With previous versions of Nitro Pro, we do have 'Check for Updates' feature under Help tab but it is currently unavailable because our development team disabled it and haven’t bring it back. Please note that this feature requires user-intervention to execute.

If you are part of a Domain within your organization / company, I believe your IT Admin may have placed a Group Policy (GPO) and attached the Nitro Pro 12 MSI installer somewhere. This has happened to one of my case before and it was fixed after removing that MSI package.

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and please don't hesitate to reach out again if you have further questions.

Hello - My Nitro Pro recently upgraded from 11 to 12. I have a license for the former. My serial # does not work on the new version. I was very satisfied with version 11 and have no reason to upgrade. Whatever help you can provide would be appreciated. I am retired and am reasonably computer literate. However, I can't seem to solve this problem. 

• I agree 1

• Official Nitronaut
Kelvin B. Villarin

Hi @Duval,

Thanks for posting on our Community Forums!

Your serial number will only work for version 11. Kindly uninstall version 12 via control panel:

Go to the Control Panel, then click on 'Add/Remove Programs' or 'Uninstall a program'. It will present you with a list of all the applications you have on your computer. Select Nitro and then click on Uninstall.

Install version 11 using the links found here: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/retail/000001632

If you are unsure if your machine is using 32 or 64-bit, please refer to this link: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/32 or 64 bit/000001874

After installation, you can activate by opening Nitro, clicking on the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activation and enter your serial number.

I hope this helps. 

Cheers!

23 hours ago, AllainU said:

Hello @Parnell,

Thanks for providing this information.

With previous versions of Nitro Pro, we do have 'Check for Updates' feature under Help tab but it is currently unavailable because our development team disabled it and haven’t bring it back. Please note that this feature requires user-intervention to execute.

If you are part of a Domain within your organization / company, I believe your IT Admin may have placed a Group Policy (GPO) and attached the Nitro Pro 12 MSI installer somewhere. This has happened to one of my case before and it was fixed after removing that MSI package.

Nope.  I am the admin.  No such feature.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Parnell,

Thanks for your response and for providing this information.

If there is no Shalvik and your machine is not part of a Domain, could you please send me a private message and provide the following from your machine?:
-Support Tools file. Note that if the tool is not found in Help tab, you will need to go to the installation folder of Nitro Pro and open NitroPDFSupportTools.exe: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/support tools/000001594.

-System Information. Please refer to below steps on how to save it as .NFO file format:

a. On the keyboard, hold down the WINDOWS key and then hit R.
b. In the Run window, type MSINFO32 and then click OK.
c. In the System Information window, click the File menu and then Save.
d. Set the desired folder to save to, enter a file name (e.g SysInfo), and then click Save.

13 hours ago, AllainU said:

Hello @Parnell,

Thanks for your response and for providing this information.

If there is no Shalvik and your machine is not part of a Domain, could you please send me a private message and provide the following from your machine?:
-Support Tools file. Note that if the tool is not found in Help tab, you will need to go to the installation folder of Nitro Pro and open NitroPDFSupportTools.exe: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/support tools/000001594.

-System Information. Please refer to below steps on how to save it as .NFO file format:

a. On the keyboard, hold down the WINDOWS key and then hit R.
b. In the Run window, type MSINFO32 and then click OK.
c. In the System Information window, click the File menu and then Save.
d. Set the desired folder to save to, enter a file name (e.g SysInfo), and then click Save.

No Shalvik but the machines ARE part of my domain. I am going to wait and see if the installation defaults to installing v12 again then I will move ahead unless you see a value in doing this now again I have reinstalled v11.

Team@COR Accounting

Me too!  I had to reset my computer to factory settings and start from scratch.  Now I cant download Nitro 11 to use my Pro License & Nitro 12 tells me my license wont work.