gsmithmme

Nitro 12 suddenly won't print my documents!

gsmithmme

When I select to print a document, I select my printer, and press the print button. Nothing happens. I then opened the print queue and tried to print again. I see the document appear in the queue for a millisecond, and then disappears. I uninstalled Nitro, re-installed and reactivated. Same result. All other applications (word, excel) are printing correctly.  I don't know what might have changed. 

Help? Anyone? 😲

Leslie V.

Hello @gsmithmme,

Thank you for posting on our Community Forums!

I have a few questions:

• Does this happen with any PDF file you try to print?
  • What brand and model of printer are you using?
  • Are you using PCL drivers for your printer?
  • What exact build of Nitro Pro 12 are you using? You can retrieve this information by going to the Help tab> About Nitro Pro.
  • Have you tried using the cleanup tool to uninstall completely and then reinstall the most recent update?

Cheers!

CMo

Same Problem here. About one and a half week.

• Problem is with any PDF file. Other files from Word can be printed.
  • HP LaserJet 400 M401dne
  • The file in print Queue is 0KB
  • Nitro was uninstalled successfully and reinstalled. Problem is still the same.

Maybe more People have the same issue.

Greetz

gsmithmme

Hi Leslie:

1. Yes, any PDF does not print
  2. I have a couple.. an old HP Laserjet 4050, and a Xerox 6180MFP. Neither will print
  3. Yes on the HP, and I don't believe so on the Xerox
  4. 12.0.0.112
  5. No, I am not aware of the cleanup tool. Do you have a link? 

Thanks so much for your help. I really like Nitro, and it's been great, but I am not sure what has changed to suddenly not print. I haven't updated any drivers or anything. I THINK there was a Windows 7 update awhile ago. (yes.. I am one of THOSE people still on 7! 😁 )

Leslie V.
1 hour ago, gsmithmme said:

Hi Leslie:

1. Yes, any PDF does not print
  2. I have a couple.. an old HP Laserjet 4050, and a Xerox 6180MFP. Neither will print
  3. Yes on the HP, and I don't believe so on the Xerox
  4. 12.0.0.112
  5. No, I am not aware of the cleanup tool. Do you have a link? 

Thanks so much for your help. I really like Nitro, and it's been great, but I am not sure what has changed to suddenly not print. I haven't updated any drivers or anything. I THINK there was a Windows 7 update awhile ago. (yes.. I am one of THOSE people still on 7! 😁 )

Are you using a 32-bit machine?

Please try updating to the latest build of Nitro Pro 12: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

Hope that helps!

Leslie V.
5 hours ago, CMo said:

Same Problem here. About one and a half week.

• Problem is with any PDF file. Other files from Word can be printed.
  • HP LaserJet 400 M401dne
  • The file in print Queue is 0KB
  • Nitro was uninstalled successfully and reinstalled. Problem is still the same.

Maybe more People have the same issue.

Greetz

I can see that you are using a company license.

I have created a support ticket for you so we can get in touch with you directly.

Cheers!

gsmithmme

Hi Leslie:

No, it's 64 bit. I am now hesitant to say in front of the whole world that it is now working. And the reason for my hesitancy is because of my own stupidity....

I discovered that somehow the print option changed from "Print All Pages" to "Print Markup Pages Only" and therefore... no printing!!  I am confident that I did not change it, but coming from the world of tech support myself... As Sting once sang... "It was probably me". :o 

So... go ahead world! Beat me to a pulp.. Thank you though for making sure I have the latest version! 

Be blessed.... and be kind! :)