Nitro 12 suddenly won't print my documents!

gsmithmme

When I select to print a document, I select my printer, and press the print button. Nothing happens. I then opened the print queue and tried to print again. I see the document appear in the queue for a millisecond, and then disappears. I uninstalled Nitro, re-installed and reactivated. Same result. All other applications (word, excel) are printing correctly.  I don't know what might have changed. 

Help? Anyone? 😲

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @gsmithmme,

Thank you for posting on our Community Forums!

I have a few questions:

• Does this happen with any PDF file you try to print?
  • What brand and model of printer are you using?
  • Are you using PCL drivers for your printer?
  • What exact build of Nitro Pro 12 are you using? You can retrieve this information by going to the Help tab> About Nitro Pro.
  • Have you tried using the cleanup tool to uninstall completely and then reinstall the most recent update?

Cheers!

Same Problem here. About one and a half week.

• Problem is with any PDF file. Other files from Word can be printed.
  • HP LaserJet 400 M401dne
  • The file in print Queue is 0KB
  • Nitro was uninstalled successfully and reinstalled. Problem is still the same.

Maybe more People have the same issue.

Greetz

• I agree 1

Hi Leslie:

1. Yes, any PDF does not print
  2. I have a couple.. an old HP Laserjet 4050, and a Xerox 6180MFP. Neither will print
  3. Yes on the HP, and I don't believe so on the Xerox
  4. 12.0.0.112
  5. No, I am not aware of the cleanup tool. Do you have a link? 

Thanks so much for your help. I really like Nitro, and it's been great, but I am not sure what has changed to suddenly not print. I haven't updated any drivers or anything. I THINK there was a Windows 7 update awhile ago. (yes.. I am one of THOSE people still on 7! 😁 )

• Official Nitronaut
1 hour ago, gsmithmme said:

Hi Leslie:

1. Yes, any PDF does not print
  2. I have a couple.. an old HP Laserjet 4050, and a Xerox 6180MFP. Neither will print
  3. Yes on the HP, and I don't believe so on the Xerox
  4. 12.0.0.112
  5. No, I am not aware of the cleanup tool. Do you have a link? 

Thanks so much for your help. I really like Nitro, and it's been great, but I am not sure what has changed to suddenly not print. I haven't updated any drivers or anything. I THINK there was a Windows 7 update awhile ago. (yes.. I am one of THOSE people still on 7! 😁 )

Are you using a 32-bit machine?

Please try updating to the latest build of Nitro Pro 12: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

Hope that helps!

• Official Nitronaut
5 hours ago, CMo said:

Same Problem here. About one and a half week.

• Problem is with any PDF file. Other files from Word can be printed.
  • HP LaserJet 400 M401dne
  • The file in print Queue is 0KB
  • Nitro was uninstalled successfully and reinstalled. Problem is still the same.

Maybe more People have the same issue.

Greetz

I can see that you are using a company license.

I have created a support ticket for you so we can get in touch with you directly.

Cheers!

Hi Leslie:

No, it's 64 bit. I am now hesitant to say in front of the whole world that it is now working. And the reason for my hesitancy is because of my own stupidity....

I discovered that somehow the print option changed from "Print All Pages" to "Print Markup Pages Only" and therefore... no printing!!  I am confident that I did not change it, but coming from the world of tech support myself... As Sting once sang... "It was probably me". :o 

So... go ahead world! Beat me to a pulp.. Thank you though for making sure I have the latest version! 

Be blessed.... and be kind! :) 

• 2 years later...

I am having the same issue too with printing.  It suddenly stopped working.  My text within the pdf does not even show up in print preview.  Any old documents created before last week but not edited still print.  If I try to add a page to the files that were created prior to last week, everything prints except the newly added page.   I have done the following:  rebooted, uninstall/reinstall, Nitro repair, updated printer firm ware and driver, deleted temp files, added a page to a functioning pdf and everything prints except for the new page, created a new pdf and attempted to print to no avail.  This is so weird and I've been a customer for a very long time.  

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Pamela Keith

Thanks for reaching out to us! I'm sorry to hear you are getting an issue when printing.

I have a few questions:

What specific build of Nitro Pro are you using?

What is your printer's brand and model?

Can you also send us a sample file that fails to print?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

• 3 weeks later...
Roanne Pitluk

I am very sorry that I paid and upgraded to the latest version of Nitro Pro.  I can no longer print and I have no answers for it.  I am a long time user of many years.  I am trying everything before I scrap Nitro Pro and license another product (Adobe).  Can anyone help me since you don't have phone support?

• 1 month later...
TEDDY SUGIHONO

@gsmithmme @Roanne Pitluk@Pamela Keith

i will same issues for the problem, cant print document pdf to my printer from nitro pdf...I just try fixed and successfully printed again 
on Nitro PDF application - go to File - Preference - Reset to Default - and then OK..wait a second and try to printed again.

I hope I can provide a solution for all of you friends,,God bless
teddy.libra88@gmail.com