Nitro Pro shows blank screen on first start/welcome screen; unable to continue

Martin C

I installed Nitro Pro using the online installer.

When starting the app, there is just an empty dialog with a title "Welcome to Nitro Pro" which is empty/white.

I am unable to get beyond this point to start the application. It happens each time I close and reopen it, so there is no way to run the application, even if I try and open a PDF from Explorer.

I am behind a company firewall and wonder whether this screen is trying to load something.

Edited by Martin C

• Official Nitronaut
Kelvin B. Villarin

Hi @Martin C,

Thanks for posting on our Community Forums!

Once you reach the Welcome dialog, kindly try pressing the Esc key twice. If this doesn't work, I suggest rebooting your computer and try opening the program again. You may also try to open a PDF file (locally stored in your computer) and see if the program's interface shows up.

I hope this helps. Please let me know how it goes.

Cheers!

Hello @Kelvin V.,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried your advice: hitting Esc numerous times did not work. I then rebooted and tried opening it again.

As per my original post, I had also tried opening a PDF file using Nitro, and I have tried this again, but unfortunately this always leads to the blank welcome screen coming up.

Is there some log in the installation directory that would have more information?

Is the program trying to retrieve information from the internet on the welcome screen? If so, can you give me the URL so I can see whether I can reach it from this computer in a browser?

Thanks.

• Official Nitronaut
Kelvin B. Villarin

Hi @Martin C,

This is certainly not how it should behave, I apologize for any inconvenience. I've created a ticket on your behalf.

You will hear from me again soon!

Cheers!

• Official Nitronaut
Kelvin B. Villarin

Hi @emcee,

Thanks for posting on our community forums!

Once you get to the welcome screen, there's a box you can put a tick mark on "Do not show again at startup" and hit the X on the prompt or click on 'Let's get productive'. Have you tried left-clicking in the middle of Welcome note even if you just see blank?

If that doesn't wok, based on the screenshot attached, try to hover your mouse where the 'Let's get productive' is located, then hit the left click. You may also try reinstalling.

I hope this helps!

Lets get productive.png

Hey @Kelvin V.,

Therein lies the issue... the Nitro Welcome screen is completely blank. I have tried re-installing 3 times, rebooted multiple times and the blank welcome screen persists. I also tried hovering over and/or clicking different areas on the blank screen hoping maybe a link was active even if not visible.

I was really hoping to try Nitro, but so far this is not promising.

• Official Nitronaut
Kelvin B. Villarin

Hello @emcee,

Please send me your serial number/license code via direct message so I can send you the correct installers.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

I get the same problem with the free 14 day trail on a brand new Windows 10 PC with all the latest patches. The trail version is Nitro Pro 11, from the website gonitro.com. The welcome screen appears but appart from the window with the text at the top "Welcome to Nitro"", rest of popup is white, unable to start Nitro, nothing to click etc. This is bad, going back to the old version till its fixed. PS I tried the ESC key multiple times and nothing worked. Restart, same problem.

• Official Nitronaut
Kelvin B. Villarin

Hi @tailspin,

Thanks for posting on our Community Forums!

Please make sure you have version 12 installed by downloading it here: 

https://www.gonitro.com/pro/try

Once installed, launch Nitro in administrator mode. To do this, right click on the Nitro Pro icon then select Run as Administrator. 

I hope this helps!

Edited by Kelvin V.