Enterprise Deployment Utility

ldoodle

Suggestion

Hi,

Our PDFs need to conform to PDF/A-1b standard. By default Nitro PDF Creator driver does not have this option enabled. It would be really helpful if the driver's default settings could be controlled via Deployment Utility too.

Thanks

1 reply to this suggestion

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

There's no really good way to do this- the registry key that would control this (and presumably all of the other settings of the PDF printer itself) stores the values as a giant binary registry type- it's one giant blob of hex pairs. (This appears to be a Windows thing, not a Nitro thing).

There's a version of the key in HKLM and in HKCU.

The HKCU location is: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Printers\DevModePerUser

If you've set something different than the printer defaults, a value will show up here- otherwise, nothing is present.  Nitro PDF Creator (Pro 12) is the key name.

The HKLM location is either HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Print\Printers\Nitro PDF Creator (Pro 12)\PrinterDriverData\PrinterData or HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers\Nitro PDF Creator (Pro 12)

The key is "Default DevMode".

Good luck, and let me know if you do end up trying this- I'd be curious how it works out and if you find a better way, let me know.