Unable to print from Firefox with the NitroPDF printer

rgrosz78

I have been unable to print from Firefox with the NitroPDF printer for many months. I am using Nitro version 12.0.0.108 under Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.

Is there a simple solution for this?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @rgrosz78,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

To further troubleshoot, kindly uninstall and reinstall your Nitro PDF Creator. Here are the steps:
1. Close your Nitro Pro and MS Office applications if they're open.
2. Right-click on the Nitro Pro desktop icon and select Run as Administrator.
3. Go to Help tab > Support Tools > PDF Creation tab and click Nitro PDF Creator button. If the tool is not found in Help tab, you will need to go to the installation folder of Nitro Pro and run NitroPDFSupportTools.exe (by default, it is inside C:\Program Files\Nitro\Pro X, where X is the version you have)
4. Installation will be done in the background. Once it's done, you should receive a message 'installation of the printer driver was successful’
5. Click OK > Close.
6. Close your Nitro Pro and open it again to test.

If above steps did not help and in order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please provide the following?:
-Are you also unable to print to PDF using IE, Chrome, NotePad (File > Print > Nitro PDF Creator) and MS Office applications (e.g. Word > Nitro Pro Addin > Create PDF)?
-Have you tried running a repair? If not, you may refer to this article: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/repair/000001641

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Thanks, Allain for the very quick response!

I followed steps 1 through 6, and I can now print to PDF with Firefox.

Edited by rgrosz78
added kudos

The solution was short-lived. Yesterday I noticed the same old problems with the NitroPDF printer.

When I print something, it basically ignores any of the NitroPDF settings. It does not prompt me for a file name. I don't think it actually creates a PDF  file since there is not one in the location I specified. And it does not display anything in Nitro after I click on Print.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @rgrosz78,

Thanks for your response and my apologies if the issue reoccurred.

To further assist you, would it be possible to update to Nitro Pro 12.12?

If yes, kindly uninstall your 12.0, reboot your machine and visit this page to download the new installer: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

If updating did not help, is the issue present when printing from Chrome and IE?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Allain, thank you again! This has solved my printing problem.

One thing I learned is where to make changes in the printer settings. Under Windows 7, I need to go to Control Panel / Device and Printers / Nitro PDF Creator, then right click and choose Printing Preferences. When I made changes there, they seem to be permanent.