NITRO PRO 12 Freezes when saving to network location

NRED

Contacting you on behalf of a user who is using Windows 10 Build 1809 and the latest version of Nitro Pro 12.

Any PDF she opens and attempts to save to a network drive location, the program stops responding for a few seconds...less than 10 seconds. Then 2nd and 3rd attempts afterwards result in the program taking at least 30 seconds or more, or doesn't respond at all. Doesn't matter the size of the PDF.

Saving to the desktop works fine however.

I've already uninstalled and reinstalled the program. Not sure what else to do. I have the log files ready for submission when needed.

Let me know.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @NRED,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please send me a private message and provide the following?:
-The serial number of Nitro Pro your user is working with. This matters because our business installers are different from the online ones.
-To validate he/she is using the latest build, you can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is 12.X.X.X, e.g. 12.0.0.112) or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features. What is the exact build?
-Using NotePad and MS Office applications, could you please try saving documents to the same network drive? Is it also taking more time to save? 
-How about saving to a different network drive, are you having the issue with Nitro Pro and other applications like NotePad and MS Office?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

-I've sent you the Private message.

-Version 12.12.1.522 on Windows 10 Build 1809. The same person uses another laptop with an older build of Nitro Pro, 12.6.x.x,  on a Windows 8.0 laptop with no issue.

-Using the same PDF, I was able to save using Microsoft Edge. Same thing applies for Notepad and other Microsoft apps. Only Nitro PDF seems to be the issue.

-One network drive is in New Jersey (which is the current location of the person), another is in Philadelphia. Saving to Philadelphia or NJ makes Nitro non-responsive after the 2nd or 3rd try. 1st try, it takes about 5 seconds. They operate using a VPN tunnel to connect from NJ to Philadelphia via Sonicwall firewall.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @NRED,

To further assist you with your concern, I created a support ticket on your behalf.

I will wait for your response through the support case.

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @rmchargue,

To further assist you with your concern, I created a support ticket on your behalf.

I will wait for your response through the support case.

Cheers!